SDL Trados 2007 - mouse functionality in Word corrupted?
Thread poster: Premier Focus

Premier Focus  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:17
German to English
+ ...
Sep 1, 2008

Good afternoon everybody!

Does anyone else have problems with their mouse in Word after having installed SDL Trados 2007?

It appears that I can't left-click on words anymore or adjusts tabs in the ruler. I can not use my mouse to click anywhere inside the document, I have to manually move the cursor up and down in my document by using my arrow keys. These problems only started up after the installation of Trados.

I tried using the "fix program" functionality within the Windows control panel, but that did not seem to make a difference. Does anyone else have a quick fix for this or would it be best for me to uninstall & reinstall?

I am running Word 2007 in Windows Vista.

Thank you for your input - it is much appreciated!

Kerstin

[Edited at 2008-09-01 20:54]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:17
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you actualise your mouse driver? Sep 1, 2008

Is your mouse clean? Is the mouse not damaged?
I wouldn't know about any inteference between the Trados template and the mouse behaviour, but one never knows...

Premier Focus  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:17
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mouse updated Sep 1, 2008

Jerzy,

The mouse driver is indeed up to date. I actually have the problem only in Word and the problem occurs with my built-in laptop mouse and my external USB driven wireless mouse. The mouse works flawlessly with other programs, just as it always has...

Kerstin

Mari Noller
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:17
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Never heard of it before Sep 2, 2008

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your mouse driver? If you have a specific configuration program for the mouse, check the settings in this (sometimes these are program-related).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 - mouse functionality in Word corrupted?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search