International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

SDL Workbench chinese characters
Thread poster: George ABRAHAM
George ABRAHAM  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 14:37
French to English
+ ...
Sep 3, 2008

Hello
Please take a look at the image below, where Chinese characters appear instead of French accented ones.
How do I fix this, because the garbage characters mess the translation units and term recognition.
img604.imageshack.us/content.php?page=blogpost&files=img529/1883/26360128el1.jpg
Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Hüseyin Mergan  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:37
English to Turkish
+ ...
Possible Solution Sep 3, 2008

Hello,
I am not sure whether it works or not. However, I hope it works when you turn on Advance Text support option.) To do this please do as following:
1). Open Control Panel (Classical View) and click Regional and Language Settings > Languages Tab > Details button > Advanced tab, and select Extend support of advanced text services to all programs check box.

This will solve character problem for future cases. And then export your TM to a text editor. Replace corrupted chars with correct ones and save it as ANSI. Then import it again.
Regards

[Edited at 2008-09-03 15:34]

George ABRAHAM  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 14:37
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
funny fact Sep 4, 2008

Needless to say, the Chinese characters problem does not exist in Windows xp 64bit. I would surely use it, but I need Multiterm, which does not work on 64bit.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Workbench chinese characters

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search