Making TagEditor ignore FrameMaker index markers?
Thread poster: Atso Puronen
Atso Puronen
Atso Puronen
Local time: 02:48
English to Finnish
Sep 3, 2008

Hi,

One of my colleague asked me how to make TagEditor to ignore index markers in FrameMaker files during translation? She wants to get a wordcount without them...

Is her request possible and doesit make sense?

Thanks in advance,
Atso

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 01:48
German
+ ...
Hmm... Sep 3, 2008

Are we talking about the markers (=the tags?) or the index entries? Because the tags aren't counted as words anyway, whereas the index entries ARE counted because they DO need to be translated.

HTH,
Benjamin

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:48
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not possible as far as I am aware Sep 4, 2008

Huomenta,

I have been using S-Tagger for FrameMaker files for some 8-9 years and I never heard of that possibility of not translating the index entries.

Can you tell us what the format of the S-Tagger translatable files is? Are they TTX files or RTF files? If you convert FrameMaker files to RTF files, at least you have the possibility of making the index entries External, so that they are not included in the analysis. You can do that with Word's Find/Replace function.
... See more
Huomenta,

I have been using S-Tagger for FrameMaker files for some 8-9 years and I never heard of that possibility of not translating the index entries.

Can you tell us what the format of the S-Tagger translatable files is? Are they TTX files or RTF files? If you convert FrameMaker files to RTF files, at least you have the possibility of making the index entries External, so that they are not included in the analysis. You can do that with Word's Find/Replace function. Just let us know what kind of translatable files you have.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making TagEditor ignore FrameMaker index markers?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »