I have just finished translating (English-Spanish) a big word doc with lots of footnotes and have recently noticed that my Trados toolbar has disappeared and have finally managed to fix it. I read in other posts that this might be related to an unappropriate use of footnotes and I would like to know what I did wrong!
I am aware that I did not follow the standard translation order for fuzzy matches in the main text (once, I think I quite plainly copied the superscript reference in the main text from the source into the goal segment. I blush to think of that!).
When I started realising how dirty that procedure was, I changed it and did the following:
1. I copied my fuzzy match into a blank doc.
2. I copied the source (alt+insert) into the goal segment.
3. I recopied the fuzzy match from the blank doc back into the goal segment (thus overwriting the English and preserving the superscript reference).
I hope my explanation is clear enough. Thanks!
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market.
See the brand new features in action:
*Completely redesigned user interface
*Inline spell checking
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators
BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!