Is there a way to print both source and target text?
Thread poster: Ivana de Sousa Santos

Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:56
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 10, 2008

I would like to check a translation by printing it, but I would like the source text to be readable as well.

How can I do that?

Thank you in advance,
Ivana

Direct link Reply with quote

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:56
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes Sep 10, 2008

Highlight the entire document. Then set the font format so that none of the text is hidden. (If there are headers, footers or text boxes, you'll have to do this separately for them.)

Then print.

Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 14:56
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Print hidden text Sep 10, 2008

Hi,

I assume you have a Word document. Click on Print/Options/Include with text: and tick Hidden text.

This may be different according to your Word version, but there's always a similar option.

Dan

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:56
English to Swedish
+ ...
For TagEditor Sep 11, 2008

Hi Ivana,

Provided you've been working in TagEditor, there is a hidden gem called TableView. It's little known, but quick, smooth and very powerful.

We have discussed the topic a few times here, see:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/94343-tageditor_800826_how_to_proofread_only_my_work.html#762035

/J

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to print both source and target text?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search