Marion Delarue
Marion Delarue  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:18
Spanish to French
+ ...
Sep 11, 2008

Hello!

I can´t find the icons of trados in word 2007.
The display of word 2007 is totally different from word 2003.
When I use Tag editor, I don´t have any problem, as I open TWB and then Tag Editor, and I can find all the icons.
But what I don´t get is how to add the trados template and menu to microsoft word.
The "getting started guide" I have gives explanations for word 2003, and I don´t find the command he is talking about.
Can somebody help me?
... See more
Hello!

I can´t find the icons of trados in word 2007.
The display of word 2007 is totally different from word 2003.
When I use Tag editor, I don´t have any problem, as I open TWB and then Tag Editor, and I can find all the icons.
But what I don´t get is how to add the trados template and menu to microsoft word.
The "getting started guide" I have gives explanations for word 2003, and I don´t find the command he is talking about.
Can somebody help me?

Thanks a lot!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-09-11 10:36]
Collapse

Beata Baika (X)
Beata Baika (X)
Romania
Local time: 11:18
German to Romanian
+ ...
A had once the same problem, but with Word 2003 Sep 11, 2008

When opening Word I could not see the red icons, but my husband helped me out.

Please follow these steps: Start - Run, then insert Regedit and click OK.
Then you must find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office - Microsoft Word 12., and you must rename the program so: right click on Word, then on Rename and type Word_old.
You must close Microsoft Word before these all steps.

I hope it helps.

Mari Noller
Mari Noller
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:18
English to Norwegian
+ ...
The menu? Sep 11, 2008

You mean the Trados menu in Word 2007? It should appear just after the View menu (or tab). If it's not there then you might want to try copying in the trados.dotm file into the Office startup folder.
Instructions on how to do this is on the Trados website, but you can check if Word knows about this file under Word Options in Word and Add-Ins.

However, during a normal installation of Trados the menu should appear next time you start Word. The Repair function in Control Panel f
... See more
You mean the Trados menu in Word 2007? It should appear just after the View menu (or tab). If it's not there then you might want to try copying in the trados.dotm file into the Office startup folder.
Instructions on how to do this is on the Trados website, but you can check if Word knows about this file under Word Options in Word and Add-Ins.

However, during a normal installation of Trados the menu should appear next time you start Word. The Repair function in Control Panel for Trados could also help. A reboot might also help.
Collapse

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Which version of Trados? Sep 11, 2008

You mention Trados 7. Do you mean Trados 7.x or SDL Trados 2007 (8.x)?

If you mean Trados 7.x there are two options:

- downgrade back to Word 2003
- upgrade to Trados 8.x

Trados 7.x isn't compatible with Office 2007. There are several threads on that topic in the SDL Trados Support forum.

Marion Delarue
Marion Delarue  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can´t find the icons of Traados in the word display. Trados 7/word2007 Sep 11, 2008

Thanks to everybody!
I have Trados 7
I thought that if I could open Tag Editor, my trados 7 would work on word 2007. But it has nothing to do with word. (what i mean is that you don´t need word to work with Tag Editor...)
I will try to find out how to upgrade Trados to Trados 8 or downgrade to word 2003, then.

thanks again for the quick answers!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can´t find the icons of Trados in the word display. Trados 7/word2007

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »