Thread poster: maryrose
maryrose
maryrose  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:07
English
+ ...
Sep 12, 2008

Hi everyone

I am supposed to be providing a translation right now and after the clean up I found I row of paragraph signs in tag format that I can't remove, and which are creating a great big gap in my text. Toggling tag protection doesn't help, it just keeps beeping at me.

Any assistance GREATLY appreciated as I really don't want to miss my deadline!

Cheers

Maryrose

Sorry, forgot to say Trados 2007 Freelance

[Edit
... See more
Hi everyone

I am supposed to be providing a translation right now and after the clean up I found I row of paragraph signs in tag format that I can't remove, and which are creating a great big gap in my text. Toggling tag protection doesn't help, it just keeps beeping at me.

Any assistance GREATLY appreciated as I really don't want to miss my deadline!

Cheers

Maryrose

Sorry, forgot to say Trados 2007 Freelance

[Edited at 2008-09-12 10:32]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:37
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You may not remove those tags Sep 12, 2008

Shall you remove those, your target file will not be created.
You can either remove them before you start translating or after your file is ready.
Removing them in TTX is a bad idea.

BTW, toggling tag protection on or off will not influcence this. You will be able to remove those tags only when you switch off the tag protection AND document protection.

maryrose
maryrose  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:07
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
really need them gone! Sep 12, 2008

Hi Jerzy

Well, they weren't there before I began translating, and now I've finished and cleaned up, I don't really care. Is there really no way to remove them?

Thanks

Maryrose

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot remove excess paragraph signs in tag format

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »