SDLX crashes when segment is closed
Thread poster: tommy3shoes
tommy3shoes
Local time: 09:34
German to English
Sep 19, 2008

I am running SDL Trados 2007 (SDLX 2007 SP2, build 7035) with Windows XP Professional (SP 2).

When translating certain files with the Edit function, SDLX crashes after I hit the return key in order to close a translation segment. I have to exit SDLX and restart the program. This does not happen with all translation segments within the given file, but I can’t find any way of determining why it only happens with certain translation segments. It happens with all types of files (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, FrameMaker etc.), and seems to happen only with larger, more complex files. I can continue working by translating each of the segments which causes a crash without pressing the enter key. When the entire translation is finished, I can use the “Confirm Untranslated” function to save all of the problematic segments to the database.

Does anybody have a fix for this problem?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Péter Szilágyi
English to Hungarian
SDLX crash variations Dec 20, 2008

I have the same problem:

"When translating certain files with the Edit function, SDLX crashes after I hit the return key in order to close a translation segment. I have to exit SDLX and restart the program. This does not happen with all translation segments within the given file, but I can’t find any way of determining why it only happens with certain translation segments."

Some additional experiences:

I tried the same file with three differennt PC-s
- My home PC (brand new, high performance, XP professional, Trados 2007 SP2)
Result: very many chrashes
- My office PC (brand new, with the same CPU, XP professional, SDLX Lite)
Result: Just the first segment crashes, all the others that crhashed at home can be confirmed by Enter
- My 4 year old laptop (XP home, SDLX Lite - the same version as on the office PC)
Result: the same segmets are crashing as on my home PC with SDL Trados 2007 SP2

I'm not a PC expert, but it seems to be a conflict between SDLX and some settings of the PC-s. Unfortunately, I have no idea, how this conflict can be solved.

Could anybody help?

tommy3shoes
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Fix for SDLX crashes when segment is closed Dec 21, 2008

In the edit function, click tools in the toolbar, and then options and automatch. Disable the autmatch function and the crashes stop.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX crashes when segment is closed

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search