MultiTerm 2007 freezing when uploading new termbase/Workbench not detecting any terms
Thread poster: xxxmohamed krar
xxxmohamed krar
France
Local time: 15:31
English to French
Sep 24, 2008

Hello,

I am now using a termbase in MultiTerm 2007. When I first tried to upload it, MultiTerm froze.
I restarted MultiTerm and I was able to open this termbase. But, workbench is not detecting/displaying any terms which are in the termbase. I used this termbase with MultiTerm 6.5 before that and it worked well.
Do you know how I could solve the issue with MultiTerm 2007.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and help.

Mohamed Kraria

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
have a question or two Sep 24, 2008

I restarted MultiTerm and I was able to open this termbase.

Can you then use the Termbase in MultiTerm 2007? Like search for items, add / edit them etc?
... workbench is not detecting/displaying any terms which are in the termbase. ..

Have you specified in TWB, that you are using 2007 MultiTerm (Options/Terminology Recognition Options...)?

Regards

Vito

[Edited at 2008-09-24 08:24]

xxxmohamed krar
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Termbase use possible/Term Recognition Options set Sep 24, 2008

Hello Vito
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I can search the termbase in MultiTerm desktop.
All settings are set correctly in TWB, yet it's not highlighting any existing terms in the database.
The funny thing about it is that TWB detects automatically the source and target languages I am using when I select MultiTerm 7 in Term Recognition Options.

Something is wrong for sure. And I suspect the termbase. I am neither able to reorganise the termbase nor to make fuzzy search.

Would you have an idea of what the problem is?

Cheers
Mohamed

PS: I checked the TWB help, but there is no helping data for this problem really.

[Edited at 2008-09-24 09:02]

Heike Steffens  Identity Verified
Italian to German
+ ...
maybe MT did not freeze Sep 24, 2008

Hi Mohamed,

I can only report of my experience when trying to load an external termbase. If it is very large, let's say more than 20,000 items or so, it will take very much time (15 - 20 minutes) for MT to load it. As you did, I thought MT froze during the process, because I did not see that it was working at all. After several tries I had the glorious idea to open TaskManager in order to see whether MT freezes or not and than simply had a bit of patience. After 15-20 minutes everything was ok.

Maybe this is not your case. Otherwise you could try loading your termbase again.

Best
Heike

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
a few ideas - in the sense "been there done that" Sep 24, 2008

, I am neither able to reorganise the termbase nor to make fuzzy search.

a) The relevant files may be read/only.
b) MUltiTerm not installed with administrators account
c) ISSscript broken / not installed
d) Java version not correct

xxxmohamed krar
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
To Heike and Vito Sep 25, 2008

Hello you 2!

OK, many thanks for your suggestions.

Good day!
Mohamed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 2007 freezing when uploading new termbase/Workbench not detecting any terms

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search