server exception -2147417851 how do I resolve this problem?
Thread poster: Heather McCrae

Heather McCrae  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:15
Member (2012)
German to English
Sep 24, 2008

Hi everyone!
SDL Trados 2007, using Windows XP, Word 2003
When I am trying to clean up my files, i get the error message described above - I have found info about a macro to clean up word files which works fine, but i usually use tageditor and cannot find anything to help with that.
But how do I resolve the underlying issue with trados? So that this does not happen in the first place?
help, very frustrated translator!
thanks
Heather

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Are you attempting to "clean-up" a Tageditor file? Sep 24, 2008

Why then?
If you are cleaning a Word document, processed in Word, just use the macro you mentioned. Prior to doing so save a copy of your uncleaned document as rtf and perform the "clean-up" at it.
In both cases (ttx or Word), the clean-up should be seen now only as the possibility to update the TM. For production purposes no clean-up of ttx files is necessary, and I would only use the macro in Word, as this never makes problems. Clean-up makes only sense for updating the TM - and thus in Synergy for example there is no clean-up, but "finalizing translation", a much better name for what really happens.

Heather McCrae  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2012)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I usually use ttx files Sep 24, 2008

normally i am provided with ttx files to translate, the macro does not work with these. luckily this time i could also use the original word files.
I will keep on trying to resolve the problem
thanks for the reply
Heather

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

server exception -2147417851 how do I resolve this problem?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search