Installation Issue Freelance 2007 - Pre installed Office
Thread poster: monitor

monitor  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:12
English to German
+ ...
Sep 25, 2008

Hi

I have just bought a new Thinkpad this week with Vista and pre-installed Office 2007.
First I have installed my full Enterprise Office 2007 version, not the pre installed one, that is. My Enterprise Office 2007 has been officially registered and runs smoothly onto the x300.
Today I was trying to install my Trados Freelance 2007 which runs on another notebook, after having returned the license onto the SDL-Server.
The installation process stops (i.e. makes an endless loop) when it comes to the window "activation utility for Trados".
Does the notebook have to be online for this process? Or does anybody know whether there could be a problem with the pre-installed Office 2007.
Many thanks for your any advice.

Marcel

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Online... Sep 25, 2008

monitor wrote:

I have just bought a new Thinkpad this week with Vista and pre-installed Office 2007.
First I have installed my full Enterprise Office 2007 version, not the pre installed one, that is. My Enterprise Office 2007 has been officially registered and runs smoothly onto the x300.
Today I was trying to install my Trados Freelance 2007 which runs on another notebook, after having returned the license onto the SDL-Server.
The installation process stops (i.e. makes an endless loop) when it comes to the window "activation utility for Trados".
Does the notebook have to be online for this process?

Yes.
The activation tool must contact the SDL activation server (or the licence server on the local network).

Or does anybody know whether there could be a problem with the pre-installed Office 2007.

No.

Cheers
GG

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work Sep 26, 2008

Dear Grzegorz
Thank you for the advice. However it still isn't running as it should.
Will try to find a solution with Trados - so I might come back within this year when I am lucky.
Kind regards
Marcel

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another issue now Sep 26, 2008

Dear all

When trying the second time to install Trados 2007 the installation stops with the following window:

--
¦ ActivationUtilityFreelance

Trusted storage failed to initialize ¦
---
Any ideas on this?

Kind regards
Marcel

Dimitra Karamperi  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 11:12
English to Greek
+ ...
Try to disable Vista's Firewall and Antivirus Sep 26, 2008

monitor wrote:

Dear all

When trying the second time to install Trados 2007 the installation stops with the following window:

--

---
Any ideas on this?

Kind regards
Marcel

Hi Marcel,

I recall that I have had a problem with the activation of Trados in Vista. If I remember well, the problem was solved after disabling Disable Vista's Firewall (or other firewall program you might use) and the Antivirus.
Try this as well and let us know.

Regards,
Dimitra

Tangopeter

English to Dutch
+ ...
Did you find a solution? Jun 3, 2010

monitor wrote:

Dear all

--

---
Any ideas on this?

Kind regards
Marcel

Hi monitor,

I am getting the same error message"Trusted storage failed to initialize" after installing SDL TeamWorks 2008 SP1, even though the Workbench License Manager shows my license...

Did you find a solution?

Thanks,
Peter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installation Issue Freelance 2007 - Pre installed Office

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search