Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
A number of factors are related to use of Trados or SDLX. With popularity in global CAT tools, I feel that name of Trados is more quoted than name of SDLX.
For me [If I may select to use either Trados or SDLX], I prefer SDLX since:
1) It handles foreign languages better and smoothly e.g. Thai
2) It rarely crashes.
3) It rarely give me corrupted fonts, formats.
4) It is quicker to process for translation alignment, segment joint/splitting, preview, cleaning, unicode fonts, DTP files etc.
5) It contains more utilities e.g. editing of TM, conversion between Trados SDLX, Termbase, TM import file format.
6) However, Trados can work inside MS Word while SDLX cannot (I use Word indirectly to key into SDLX quicker and unse use of spell checking for various languages.).
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Elías Sauza Mexico Local time: 04:19 Member (2002) English to Spanish + ...
Sep 26, 2008
Get trained in Trados and then train yourself in SDLX. Once you are familiar with Trados, SDLX is easier to use. If I had the option to choose a CAT tool for my work, I would definitely work with SDLX all the time.
Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market.
See the brand new features in action:
*Completely redesigned user interface
*Inline spell checking
WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime.
Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device.
Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.