https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/116702-sdl_edit_multiterm_bug_segment_with_%5Et_doesnt_recognize_term.html

SDL Edit + Multiterm bug? Segment with ^t doesn't recognize term
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:16
Spanish
+ ...
Sep 29, 2008

I'm getting a really strange bug in SDL Edit. I added the term 'domestic partner' to my Multiterm glossary. I did it directly from SDL Edit (Ctrl+Shift+F11), so I know I'm using the correct languages. I enabled the Lookup and Fuzzy features in the Multiterm options, so every time I come across that term, it shows up on the Multiterm window.

But for some reason I don't understand, the term doesn't generate any matches in one particular segment (123). Even though the next two segments
... See more
I'm getting a really strange bug in SDL Edit. I added the term 'domestic partner' to my Multiterm glossary. I did it directly from SDL Edit (Ctrl+Shift+F11), so I know I'm using the correct languages. I enabled the Lookup and Fuzzy features in the Multiterm options, so every time I come across that term, it shows up on the Multiterm window.

But for some reason I don't understand, the term doesn't generate any matches in one particular segment (123). Even though the next two segments (and others throughout the document) include the same term, and the results are displayed normally-- the third segment (125) is a fuzzy match and it's still shown on the Multiterm window.

The only difference I noticed is that, the segment that's not generating the Multiterm results (123), include a ^t. But other segments with the tab mark don't have this same problem.

I've uploaded a screenshot where the problem is displayed. I blurred everything but the terms; on that screenshot, the cursor is placed on segment 125, and the Multiterm results show a fuzzy match.

Is this a known bug? Am I overlooking something?

Thanks.

Claudia

Edit: I have SDL 2007 SP2 build 7035

[Edited at 2008-09-29 17:06]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Edit + Multiterm bug? Segment with ^t doesn't recognize term

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »