Thread poster: RUgirl

RUgirl  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:20
Member (2009)
Russian to English
+ ...
Sep 30, 2008

I am working on a project in S-Tagger. 11 files 8 languages. Everything was fine. Got .rtf files from translators and then 6 languages worked with no issue and the other 2 both got the Rtf parser error 2030. The help files do not say anything more than contact the provider, which doesn't help much.

I tried:
- re-saving the rtf files.
- comparing code/tags between files that work and same files in a different language that does not work (looks the same... couldn't major differences)
- renaming files so that they are named exactly the same as the reference files in English
- fiddling with settings
- removing formatting before testing the file in S-tagger
- creating a new rtf and pasting the code into it
- cleaning files with Trados 2007 and trying again
- installing the S-Tagger hotfix

The web is being highly unhelpfull as well. I have found at most 1-2 mentions of this error and no real explanation of how to fix it. I do not think that the issue is with the way my original mifs were created since 6 languages worked fine. It's something with the target files, except I have no clue what.

I would be very grateful for some input on this.
I ran out of ideas of what else to try.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:20
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Change the flow to TTX Sep 30, 2008

Sorry, no better idea - but the TTX flow instead of rtf might b a help.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:20
Try this... Oct 1, 2008

We have an article within the SDL knowledge base which may fix this issue. Please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

S-Tagger: rtf parser error (Error 2030)

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

• All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search