Error 50052 when trying to export my workbench
Thread poster: caramel

caramel
Local time: 21:44
German to French
+ ...
Oct 5, 2008

Somebody can help me? I wanted to export my workbench (to have a copy), but I got the message "(50052)Inconsistent data. Please reorganise the database or run an export/import". I tried to reorganise the database but it stops working after 500 segments... I tried several times without success. Have you an idea of what I can do ?
Thanks in advance

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-10-05 14:28]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
A trick may help Oct 5, 2008

Make a backup copy of your TM.
I mean simply copy all files, belongig to the TM, to a different location.
Close all Trados applications.
Now create a new TM with exactly the same setting as your corrupted TM and locate it in the same folder. As name chose the same name the corrupted one had and add new to this name. Then you should have the corrupted TM in your directory and the new one.
Now delete the *.tmw file from the NEW TM.
As next step delete all files from the corrupted TM BUT the *.tmw file.
Now you should have the *.tmw file from the corrupted TM and the *.iix, *.mdf, *.mtf and *.mwf files from the new TM in your directory.
As last step rename the *.tmw file from the corrupted TM to EXACTLY the same name you've chosen for the new TM (I mean file name, NOT the extenstion - it shall remain *.tmw).
Open this TM in the Workbench and try to reorganise it now.
This should work.

caramel
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your answer Oct 6, 2008

but I don't know where these files are! I searched in all the folders of SDL Trados but did'nt find them. Could you explain where they are please?
Thanks in advance

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
They are where you placed them Oct 6, 2008

Sorry, but I cannot believe what I read there!
You do not know where YOU saved your files?
How shall I know then?
Maybe when you start Workbench you can see the path to the translation memory in the files list in File menu, but only if the path is not too long. You might also try to go to File menu in the Workbench and chose "New" hoping, that this will point you to the same directory where you saved your damaged TM.
If all this does not help, just use Windows search function and search for file name of your TM. If you use wildcards, you should easily find the location of your TM.

But you should know where your files are. Otherwise how do you wanna work with your computer?

caramel
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jerzy Oct 6, 2008

I found my files... and I followed all the steps you indicated me, but unfortunately, it doesn't work.
I tried to reorganise the new TM and it does the same thing as with the old (corrupted) one, it stops working after 500 segments.
Have you another idea?

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry, no Oct 6, 2008

Does the export work now?
If not, then there is only a slight chance, that Trados Support might get your TM working.

caramel
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nevertheless, thank you Oct 6, 2008

No, I can neither reorganize nor export the TM, but it works without problem. I only wanted to make a copy for the backup...

Nordtext
Latvia
Local time: 22:44
Member (2007)
Danish to German
+ ...
How it all started? Oct 20, 2010

Hello!

I was experiencing the same problem, obviously, but what I wanted to know was if someone managed to identify the actual corrupted unit in the TM?

I would possibly like to know how this problem could have happened or how the error can be recognised in the text, since I always triple-checked all files before updating the TM, and no actual error message or any warning was shown before.

Regards,
Alise

vollebregt  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 07:44
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
Did not seem to help Jul 6, 2011

I have exactly the same problem and tried various things, as well as the above suggestion by Jerzy (while holding my breath), but no such luck unfortunately...

Anyone have any more ideas?

David Paul Samson
India
Local time: 02:14
English to Tamil
+ ...
50052 Error Sep 2, 2011

I followed your idea.

But unfortunately it didn't work, I could not either reorganize or export my TM.

Just I am expecting a perfect solution.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Corrupted TM Sep 2, 2011

Hi all,

If Jerzy's trick and this KB Article (http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2151&p=1) do not resolve the issue, then I'm afraid that your TM is corrupted in such a way that it can't be recovered by any of the usual means.

As a professional translator I would think that you regularly backup your TMs (we recommend daily), so at most you should have "lost" a days work. But as you still have the bilingual files you translated last, you still have all the information in the file. So you can perform a cleanup into the TM and have all your data back.

As for how this can happen, the main reasons we have seen are working with multiple concurrent user (2-3+) on the same file-based TM on a network share.
Or sometimes when there is a PC crash or power cut.

On a more positive note, we have yet to see any corrupted TMs on the new Studio 2009 format which has now been out for a considerable time. However even if we do see it happening down the line, we are in a better situation now, as we moved away from our proprietary TM format to a SQLite based format, so you can always salvage TMs using 3rd party SQLite tools.

Cheers,
Luis

milank
English to Czech
+ ...
I think I solved it.. Aug 16, 2013

Problem with inconsistency in corrupted SDL Trados TMW files gets fixed, read my blog post with further information here: http://blog.mikar.net/home/fixingcorruptedtmwfilesinsdltrados

[Edited at 2013-08-16 13:51 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 50052 when trying to export my workbench

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search