https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/117325-trados_tageditor_error_80005_%3A.html

Trados TagEditor error 80005 :(
Thread poster: MariusV
MariusV
MariusV  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 10:09
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Oct 6, 2008

Hello,

I have a problem. I translate a dozen of MS Word source files (use Windows XP Professional, MS Word Office 2003). Translated several files using Trados TagEditor (chose TagEditor as the files are rather big and with complicated formatting). Now I am trying to open a really big MS Word file in TagEditor (just like I did to other files) and TagEditor gives me an error:

"(80005): This Microsoft Word document cannot be opened due to tracked chamges that have not yet
... See more
Hello,

I have a problem. I translate a dozen of MS Word source files (use Windows XP Professional, MS Word Office 2003). Translated several files using Trados TagEditor (chose TagEditor as the files are rather big and with complicated formatting). Now I am trying to open a really big MS Word file in TagEditor (just like I did to other files) and TagEditor gives me an error:

"(80005): This Microsoft Word document cannot be opened due to tracked chamges that have not yet been accepted or rejected."

At first, I thought I did not notice some changes made with MS Word TrackChanges function in the source file, then I opened the source file in MS Word, made "Select All" and "Accept all changes". Saved, closed. Trying to open the file with TagEditor again, and then I get the same error message. Tried to resave the sourc file from .doc to .rtf. Then even no error is given - opening with TagEditor that file "hooks up" the PC...

Any help and/or suggestion about possible solutions?
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 09:09
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
OpenOffice Oct 6, 2008

Try opening and saving as doc from OpenOffice; it often cures such strange things.

HTH

Antonin

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Which Trados version? Oct 6, 2008

As for the latest one, you could simply check the box "Process documents with non accepted or rejected changes" in the Filter Settings.
Otherwise follow Antonins advice or install Compatibility Pack for Office 2007, save as Word 2007, reopen and save back as Word 2003.

MariusV
MariusV  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 10:09
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Version 7.5 (SDL-Trados, year 2006) Oct 6, 2008

Thanks for advice. Well, I am a little bit afraid to install anything now. If the PC crashes, then my client will simply kill me if I miss the deadline due to that Btw, with Workbench it works, the file opens, segments open and so on, but as long as the source file is over 100 pages, the PC is crazy slow, esp. till it goes to the next segment...

[Edited at 2008-10-06 20:53]

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
A known problem Oct 7, 2008

Dear MariusV,

I've had the same problem. Look here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/113657-track_changes_word_doc_and_tag_editor.html#928324

Kind regards,
Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados TagEditor error 80005 :(

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »