Help about SDL Trados Server Manager settings - TM not accessible
Thread poster: Dimmo
Dimmo
Local time: 20:15
English to Bulgarian
Oct 14, 2008

We have installed server based SDL Trados 2007 (14 users). I created and configured Translation Memory in the Container and added it to the Translation Memories (TM Server\Translation Memories – Add Translation Memory…) I gave the appropriate role to the different users but after that the TM was accessible form SOME workstations only. Their settings seem to be the same so I can’t see the reason why is this happening this way!

All the Windows accounts have limited rights and are connect to the Trados Server with their Windows authentication. The connection to the server was tested and is ok.

I suppose it is a question of setting up user rights, because if you log in with the username of somebody who can see the TM on the server, you get access to it too.

Have you ever encountered a similar problem? Can you help?

Direct link Reply with quote

mityo
Hungary
Local time: 19:15
Hungarian to English
+ ...
same issue Mar 4, 2009

Hi, we encountered the same problem, and I found your post browsing the web for solution. Have you found a solution since then?

VERTERE  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Trados user Mar 4, 2009

I'm sorry but I don't have any experience using Windows Users. All the installation I've done I suggest to use the Trados User authentication. In this way I never found this problem but I will investigate.

Ciao
Luca

[http://trados.vertere.net/blog/]

Dimmo
English to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
Problem not solved Mar 6, 2009

We haven't solved the problem yet. Luckily, we had to work on a project, where server based memory was not needed.

I tried accessing the server based TM via Windows User authentication and via Trados User authentication - same results for the workstations, which had no access to the server based TM.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Network settings + Trados support Mar 7, 2009

Hi Dimmo,
In my opinion, there must be something wrong with your network access rights and maybe firewall settings. All the symptoms you describe point to that.
Sorry if this sounds too strong, but IMHO, implementing a solution worth tens of thousands of Euros and asking for help in a community forum does not look very professional. I believe it would be worth the time and money to sign a technical support agreement with SDL who should help you.

SCA_Walldorf
Portuguese to German
+ ...
Error message Mar 13, 2009

What kind of error message do the users get who can't access the TM from their workstations?

Dimmo
English to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
TM can't load Mar 13, 2009

SCA_Walldorf wrote:

What kind of error message do the users get who can't access the TM from their workstations?

They don't get an error message. The server based TM can't load at all although they have the same user rights as the others.

It would be great if some happy day SDL organizes a webinar or a training dedicated to SDL Trados Server Manager!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help about SDL Trados Server Manager settings - TM not accessible

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search