Spelling checker for source (English) language
Thread poster: xxxL10N expert
xxxL10N expert
Brazil
Local time: 15:15
English
Oct 15, 2008

Does anyone know how can I set the spelling checker for the source language (English). I used Plug ins, but notwithstanding whether I choose Winter Tree Spelling Checker or Word Spelling Checker it provides checking only of the target language. Is it possible to check the source too?

Thank you for your attention to my mail!

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:15
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Should be possible in Word Oct 15, 2008

Hi Valeriia. I think that you can easily do it in the case of a Word document. As you have the hidden source text (which you can make visible with the paragraph symbol button in the toolbar; let us know if you cannot do it), you can do a Find and Replace in Word.

You should be able to replace hidden text (Edit > Replace; Click "More" button; click Format button>Font>enable the 'Hidden' checkbox) with English language definition (in the Find and Replace dialog box, click the 'Replace with' text box; click Format button>Language>choose the source language; disable the 'Don't check spelling or grammar' checkbox).

When you replace this way, the source, hidden text has a language definition. Now you should be able to run the spellcheck and each language should be checked against its matching dictionary. Give it a try and let us know!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spelling checker for source (English) language

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search