SandraV  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:02
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 18, 2008

Hello,

An agency sent me two itd. files for translation and one mdb. file containing the TM. They normally send me the itd files with the applied TM, so I really don't know what to do with this mdb file in order to apply the TM to the itd files. I have been using SDLX Lite for a very short time, so I really don't know what to do. I would appreciate any help with this.

Thank you so much.

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:02
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hi Sandra Oct 18, 2008

Open the .itd file in SDLX, go to Translation memory > Open, and choose the TM (i.e. your .mdb file). Then go to Translation memory > Apply.

HTH,
Natalia

SandraV  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:02
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nothing happened Oct 19, 2008

Hi Natalie,

Thank you very much for your help. I followed all your instructions but nothing happened. Is there anything else I have to do?

ht1
Local time: 07:02
English to French
+ ...
Highlight then press F7 Oct 19, 2008

After opening the Translation memory, you can perform concordance search by highlighting the segment, then press F7. That is the difference between SDLX and Trados Workbench. Workbench can automatically displays the concordance search but SDLX does not.

Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 21:32
English to Swedish
Apply 100% matches Oct 19, 2008

Hi,

You can also apply the 100% matches like this,

- Select "Translation Memory - Apply" in the menu
- Follow the instructions

If there are 100% matches in the TM they will now be applied.

I don't know how familiar you are with SDLX Lite but there is a very useful getting started guide called "Guide to SDL Edit & Translating ITDs". If you don't have it I can email you the pdf, just send me a message with your email through my profile.

Good luck!
Åsa

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:02
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
In case nothing happens... Oct 19, 2008

it may mean that there are no matches in the TM (otherwise the outsourcer would send you the .itds with the TM already applied. So the only way to use the TM is looking for the concordance or searching for some words/terms.

Xiangdong Li
China
Local time: 19:02
English to Chinese
Try to explain the filetype Oct 19, 2008

IDT file is Translation Memory of SDLX, while the mdb is the terminology base of the same;

The IDT file can be accessed with SDLX, by double clicking,

Try to open it directly, I thought it may be bilingual file, and the file for translation should be in other filetypes
Good luck!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-10-19 15:40]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with TM in SDLX Lite

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search