Licence error after reseting computer
Thread poster: Eva Coupp颠 > </td> </tr> <tr> &
Eva Coupp颠 > </td> </tr> <tr> &
Local time: 13:51
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Oct 20, 2008

Hello,

I installed Vista on my computer and I try to reinstall Trados 2007 Freelance. Workbench does work in demo mode, but I can't activate online my licence, even if I shut down my firewall and antivirus software, as I get the following error message:

The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 4586-8520 (Error code 50040).

Can anyone help me please?

Kind regards,
Eva Couppé-Deak
freelance translator

Direct link Reply with quote

Quattro
United States
Local time: 04:51
Ask SDL to reset the activation code Oct 20, 2008

My Vista laptop crashed, and after re-installing Trados 2007, I had to activate Workbench every time I opened the application, or run it in demo mode.

I submitted a support request to SDL, and the next morning, they called me up and said they had given me a new activation code. Now everything works again.

Eva Coupp颠 > </td> </tr> <tr> &
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 20, 2008

Dear Marie-Louise,
Thank you for your answer. I will do that right now, I'll ask for a new activation code.
Regards,
Eva

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Deactivation before reinstalling? Oct 21, 2008

Hi Eva,
did you return your licence before installing Win Vista? If not, you might be trying to activate the third instance of Trados while you are only allowed to use two instances at a time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Licence error after reseting computer

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search