https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/118526-problem_installing_trados.html

Problem installing Trados
Thread poster: Neil Barnes
Neil Barnes
Neil Barnes  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 20, 2008

Hi, I have tried to reinstall Trados because of a previous problem with cleaning files, and now it seems unable to install. I have received the following message. Can anyone advise please?

The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again.

Åsa Campbell
Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 15:35
English to Swedish
Extract? Oct 20, 2008

Hi,

You are not trying to run the installation from inside the compressed file? I know this sounds silly but I've done this myself numerous times since you can double click on a compressed and view its contents (and click on the files). I know this generates a message similar to yours.

If this is not the problem I guess you can always download the file again from SDL and try.

Good luck!
Åsa

Neil Barnes
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Oct 20, 2008

Yes, I think I might be. I have downloaded to the desktop and then clicked on it to run the install wizard.

Neil Barnes
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 20, 2008

Thanks I have managed to install it this time. I think it was a problem with internet connectivity.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem installing Trados

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »