Thread poster: Wilmer Brouwer
FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:32
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Move May 17, 2011

SDL Support wrote:

Then right click on the Search & Replace window and select Move. The mouse turns to a cross and if you hold down the left or right arrow key (depending on which side your second monitor was) long enough you will see the Search & Replace dialogue making it's way back to the Studio window

I didn't know the arrow keys could be used, that's nice and it should solve this issue for many people who run XP. However, in Win7, I can't see 'Move' in the local menu. It only has 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Close'. Maybe there is some config option to add Move to the menu, I'm not sure.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
My machine is W7 May 17, 2011

Hi András,

My machine is also W7, and if I right click on the window that pops up when I hover over the task bar I see this:

Maybe I confused you about where I pick this up from?

Regards

Paul

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Fixing the issue May 17, 2011

Katalin Horvath McClure wrote:
Since SDL Support is on-line, I dare to ask when this would be fixed (once and for all)?
Katalin

Hi Katalin,

I doubt we will address this issue at all in Trados 2007 or earlier. But in Studio this has been reported and is something the development team will address within the programme of work they have.

I also think it should be less of a problem in Studio as we don't have seperate applications. You can split the windows up, but if anything gets lost you can reset the window layout to bring it all back.

Regards

Paul

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:32
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
The thread started in 2008... May 17, 2011

SDL Support wrote:

Katalin Horvath McClure wrote:
Since SDL Support is on-line, I dare to ask when this would be fixed (once and for all)?
Katalin

Hi Katalin,

I doubt we will address this issue at all in Trados 2007 or earlier. But in Studio this has been reported and is something the development team will address within the programme of work they have.

I don't want to be rude, but the thread about this problem started in 2008, and not in Studio. It is 2011 now, and the problem is still "something the development team will address". I did not expect this to be fixed for 2007 (I am not that optimistic), I was just surprised that it is still a problem in Studio.

Katalin

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados remains on my other monitor

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »