Trados 7 Freelance Suite error 352576572
Thread poster: ventnai

ventnai  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:11
German to English
+ ...
Nov 1, 2008

I have just upgraded from Trados 7 Freelance to Freelance Suite. I decided to acquire it specifically because I use Vista and Office 2007. It worked fine yesterday when I tried it out a little, except TagEditor crashed once, but I am trying to do some work this morning translating in Word - something I haven't been able to do since I started using Vista and Office 2007 - and lo and behold, I start having similar issues to before. It slows down, then blocks, stating error 352576572. Anybody help me? This version was suppposed to be compatible with Vista and Office 2007.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
What are you doing exactly? Nov 1, 2008

Did you ever had the old Trados version installed on this machine?

Spain
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same machine Nov 1, 2008

Hi Jerzy

Thanks for your reply.

I did use the Trados 7 Freelance on the same machine before and removed it before downloading the new version. Yesterday the new version seemed to work well when I tried it out, but when I used it with a translation in Word 2007 this morning it soon started giving me problems, exactly the same ones as before - slow to move down the page, became blocked and then Word crashed. I tried all the solutions for Trados 7 Freelance issues from previous posts, but to no avail.

Regards

ian

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
remove the old Trados7.dot file Nov 1, 2008

from Word startup folder.
This causes problems in Word 2007.

Spain
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados8.dot Nov 2, 2008

Hi
Thanks for your answer.

There were no old Trados7.dot files as I had removed everything from the system.

There are two Trados8 files in the TT/Templates folder. One says Microsoft Office Word 97 - 2003 Template (.dot) and the other says Microsoft Office Word Macro-Enabled Template. As this is a new version, I am not sure if I am supposed to delete one of them. I copied these two files to the startup folder and I get a message saying Visual Basic - worng number of arguments or invalid property assignment.

Thanks

Ian

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do not use the dot-template in conjunction with Word 2007 Nov 2, 2008

Word 2007 has a very different auto start location - so copy the dotx there (look in Word itself, where its start up folder is). But do not copy the dot - it causes problems in Word 2007.
As for the performance issues with word 2007 - as far I am informed, this performance wll remain far below the performance with Word 2003. The cause is Word itself.
But you can use Tageditor - and the performance did not change there and ist fully ok.

Spain
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
dotx Nov 2, 2008

Hi

Thanks. But which is the dot and which is the dotx? Sorry, but I can't seem to identify which is which.

Thanks

Ian

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Configure Windows to show you file name extensions Nov 2, 2008

Go to Contol Panel, chose "Folder options", go to view and deselect "Hide extension for known file types" (or similar - I have German Windows here).
Then you will see dot or dotx

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
.dotm Nov 2, 2008

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Word 2007 has a very different auto start location - so copy the dotx there (look in Word itself, where its start up folder is).

.dotm

In hurry, we use to call it dotx in a little bit more rational way than MS does...

Cheers
GG

Spain
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 2, 2008

Hi to you both

Dotm is what I needed.

It seems to be working. I'll let you know if starts giving me any problems again

I prefer to use Trados with Word if possible as it is much easier to manage the actual translation and Tags are a nusiance in TagEditor.

Thanks very much for your help Jerzy and for the (vital) correction Grzegorz.

Ian

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry, dotM it is Nov 2, 2008

indeed I fell in the MS trap.
Thanks for the important correction, Grzegorz.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 Freelance Suite error 352576572

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search