Translator's Workbench does not open -error message "...Translator's Workbench will now close
Thread poster: Estefanía González

Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 4, 2008

Hi everyone,

I installed on Friday SDL Trados 2007 (Service Pack 2 - Build 835) on my PC (Windows XP, Service Pack 3). On Friday everything looked fine (the activation of the license on line worked) and I opened a couple of TM’s in my PC to see if the program worked and it did.

However, as soon as I tried to open Tag Editor (which didn't work, since Tag editor wasn't able to be launched) Workbench stopped working.

Every time I have tried to launch Workbench, I receive the following error:

"Trados has found a problem. Translator's Workbench will now close"

And also Tag Editor:

"Tag Editor has found a problem. Tag Editor will now close"

The license manager can’t be launched either.

I have tried to register Trados with all the applications closed, the repair function and even uninstalled and re-installed the program (with the firewall off)... unsuccessfully...

Can you please help?

Kind regards,

Estefanía

PS. I use MS Office 2007

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translator's Workbench does not open -error message "...Translator's Workbench will now close

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search