Thread poster: egerhazi
egerhazi
egerhazi

Local time: 01:50
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nov 4, 2008

Dear colleagues,

I hope, you can help me how to do a quite time-consuming task quickly (in fact, lack of some good advice it seems to be almost impossible for me).

A client claimed that she lost the Hungarian accents (ö. ő. ü. ű... -> o, o, u, u) when she copied sentences from the pdf of the target text into the memory (I think, she used the exported txt file when editing the memory). She asked me to go through the memory to make sure that everything is OK with the
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I hope, you can help me how to do a quite time-consuming task quickly (in fact, lack of some good advice it seems to be almost impossible for me).

A client claimed that she lost the Hungarian accents (ö. ő. ü. ű... -> o, o, u, u) when she copied sentences from the pdf of the target text into the memory (I think, she used the exported txt file when editing the memory). She asked me to go through the memory to make sure that everything is OK with the accents. However, revising 8000+ segments manually (or 'visually') is a little bit too much for this night...

The only solution I can imagine is to export ONLY the target segments and to copy them into MS Word, where the Hungarian spell checker should show me if something wrong.

Can anyone help me, how to do this? Or any other idea? [It should be noted, that our language contains o, u etc. as well, so Find and Replace can't help.]

Thanks in advance,
L. Egerhazi
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
tmx Nov 4, 2008

You can export as tmx and then Heartsome TMX Editor (paid) can convert to csv. Olifant (free) may be able to it as well, I am not sure.

Having it as csv, you can open it in Excel, delete the unwanted column and spell check directly in Excel, or export to Word, if Word is your desired spellchecker.

HTH
Antonin

egerhazi
egerhazi

English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
done - thanks, Antonín Nov 4, 2008

Antoní­n Otáhal wrote:

Olifant (free) may be able to it as well, I am not sure.

Well, I downloaded Olifant, and although it cannot export to csv, I could select the target column then I pasted it as "unformatted Unicode".

Thanks again and good night!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export of target segments only

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »