TagEditor target file can not be saved as the source *.doc file contains unaccepted changes
Thread poster: Uldis Liepkalns

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 08:16
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Nov 6, 2008

It may help some of you- the Subj. TagEditor message drove me crazy (I had to urgently deliver few large and important files) and sure I accepted and rejected all changes in the source file many times, resaved it as *.rtf and back- nothing worked.

But solution given to me by Jerzy Czopik worked like a charm- namely- to resave the source *.doc file as an Office 2007 *.docx and then back as *.doc (sure, you have to have MS Office 2007 Compatibility Pack installed in order to do that).

Hope this may help others encountering the same.

Uldis

Direct link Reply with quote

Konstantin Chernoukhov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:16
Member (2008)
English to Russian
Great! Dec 6, 2008

Uldis Liepkalns wrote:

It may help some of you- the Subj. TagEditor message drove me crazy (I had to urgently deliver few large and important files) and sure I accepted and rejected all changes in the source file many times, resaved it as *.rtf and back- nothing worked.

But solution given to me by Jerzy Czopik worked like a charm- namely- to resave the source *.doc file as an Office 2007 *.docx and then back as *.doc (sure, you have to have MS Office 2007 Compatibility Pack installed in order to do that).

Hope this may help others encountering the same.

Uldis

Great thanks, Uldis! It's really works!

There is a little detail: a file must be closed after it has been saved as .docs. Then it need to be opened and saved as .doc. My Tageditor gave the old negative result when I saved the .docs file as .doc without closing the first one.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor target file can not be saved as the source *.doc file contains unaccepted changes

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search