Trados-Multiterm problems
Thread poster: Natalia Tomas

Natalia Tomas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 7, 2008

I have recently bought and downloaded Trados 2007, but when starting to use the Workbench, it appears as if I had downloaded Multiterm 5 instead of Multiterm7 in the Options window.
Another problem is that Multiterm templates do not appear in Word documents. I look for Trados templates manually and can select them until they appear in the document, but something seems to be wrong with Multiterm as I don´t see the option to open Multiterm templates.
I kmow there must be a simple solution for this, please heeelp!!

IanDhu  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:34
Member (2005)
French to English
Multiterm: some material to contribute to an answer Nov 28, 2008

Natalia Tomas wrote:

I have recently bought and downloaded Trados 2007, but when starting to use the Workbench, it appears as if I had downloaded Multiterm 5 instead of Multiterm7 in the Options window.

Hullo Natalia,

I can't say for certain, but if you haven't yet any termbases, you may need to reset the MTMaster*.mdb file; go to the SDL Trados support page for details - it's rather tricky to handle and you should print out the page with the relevant instructions before attempting anything:

The Trados home page is:
http://www.trados.com/

You may need to open a user account before accessing this:

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.864524900913239

I am finding SDL Trados decreasingly well-stocked with answers, though.

A Trados user group exists, but I haven't investigated it:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/tw_users/

I hope this may contribute to an answer.

Adam ("IanDhu")

[Edited at 2008-11-28 10:00 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:34
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you download Multiterm with your Trados software? Nov 28, 2008

If so, it is Multiterm 7, as 5 is not available for download anymore.
If you can only chose MT 5 in Workbench, so your MT installation was not performed correctly. You need to reinstall and register (go to C:\program files\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007\#_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat and double click it) Multiterm.

As for Word - please check, if both Trados8.dot MultiTerm7.dot are in Word startup folder.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados-Multiterm problems

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search