https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/120365-installing_trados_7_on_another_computer.html

Installing Trados 7 on another computer
Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 11, 2008

Hi,

I have gone back to basics to install Trados on a new computer. I know I have all the info to put Trados in again, but as far as I can see you first have to go to https://trados.subscribenet.com, but this appears not to exist any more. Even their web page doesn't seem to lead to anything conclusive. What am I missing here?

Mervyn

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Approximately 2 or even 3 years Nov 11, 2008

Now there is no Trados as company and no such webpage.
What you need is to go to www.sdl.com and ztry to login to your account - should be the same, as previously. Otherwise you will need to contact SDL.
Don't you have the downloaded software saved somwhere on your HDD? This would be first what I would do and what I suppose any of us would do. After purchasing a software and downloading it from the Interne
... See more
Now there is no Trados as company and no such webpage.
What you need is to go to www.sdl.com and ztry to login to your account - should be the same, as previously. Otherwise you will need to contact SDL.
Don't you have the downloaded software saved somwhere on your HDD? This would be first what I would do and what I suppose any of us would do. After purchasing a software and downloading it from the Internet make a backup copy of it for the future...
Collapse

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I suspected ... Nov 11, 2008

... as much, but never really had to think about it until now. Thanks Jerzy. Yes, I do have all the gen, but I just needed the starting point.

Mervyn

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing Trados 7 on another computer

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »