Thread poster: Domenica Nieddu
Domenica Nieddu
Domenica Nieddu  Identity Verified
United States
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 11, 2008

Hello,

I am unable to clean a TagEditor file. I get the message "-2147467259: File not found or not InDesign CS2 format". I do not know what the message refers to. I use Trados 6.5.5.438 - Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Domenica

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:49
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do you have the original file? Nov 11, 2008

Is the original file in the same folder as the ttx file?
Did you change any file names?
Please note: when you use the cleanup, the original file will be replaced by the translated file and you will NOT be asked for permission. Therefore better use the "Save target as..." command from File menu in Tageditor.

Richard Lund
Richard Lund
United States
Local time: 10:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check for two tags with no spaces Nov 12, 2008

I had this same problem with an InDesign CS2 file and found help here.
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/100070-ttx_file_wont_save_as_target_inx_file.html#965606

Special thanks to Stanislav Pokorny.

Sorry, not sure how to link directly to the solution.

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Needed for Save as target too Nov 12, 2008

As far as I know, the original file needed for the Save as target option as well.

Edit: I'm sorry Jerzy, now I understood what you meant (file being replaced, i.e. original lost) So my comment is a bit out of place, my appologies...

[Edited at 2008-11-12 05:12]

Domenica Nieddu
United States
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
File has original name Nov 12, 2008

The file has the original name but the source was TagEditor too and it is not in the folder anymore along with the translation (I created a new folder with a new name for the translation). I could not clean after various attempts and I sent the bilingual translation to the client. However, I would like to know what went wrong for the future. Let me know if you have any idea of what is the proper way to clean a TagEditor file. Does it matter where the memory is? Thanks.

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
They need to be in the same folder Nov 12, 2008

The original file needs to be in the same folder as your TTX file for the clean-up process to work.

But wait a second: you say you are using Trados 6.5.5? This version doesn't support INX CS2 files, which makes sense, looking at the error you got (file not InDesign CS2 format). INX CS2 was supported in the versions 7.x (starting at 7.5?) and above, if I'm not mistaken.

Domenica Nieddu
United States
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you everybody Nov 12, 2008

Hello,

I wasn't able to clean the file but the client is going to take care of the project. I think that the problems stem from my version of Trados (6.5). Thank you all anyway. Domenica

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot clean TagEditor file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »