Cristina Bolohan
Cristina Bolohan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 23:36
Member (2008)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Nov 13, 2008

I have to translate a .doc file and send back a .ttx file. I use SDL Trados 2007 and Microsoft Word 2003. How can I do this?

Thank you.

[Edited at 2008-11-13 18:55]

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:36
English to Czech
+ ...
Read the manual Nov 13, 2008

Hi Christina,
if you are new to Trados, I strongly suggest that you read the basic parts of the manual before taking your first jobs.

But to help you:
1) If you get a TTX from your client, simply open the file in TagEditor and translate it there. Then save it and deliver to your client.

2) If you get a different file format, open it from within TagEditor, then use the File > Save Bilingual As command. This will create a TTX file you are going to translate an
... See more
Hi Christina,
if you are new to Trados, I strongly suggest that you read the basic parts of the manual before taking your first jobs.

But to help you:
1) If you get a TTX from your client, simply open the file in TagEditor and translate it there. Then save it and deliver to your client.

2) If you get a different file format, open it from within TagEditor, then use the File > Save Bilingual As command. This will create a TTX file you are going to translate and deliver to your client.
Collapse

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check the documentation Nov 13, 2008

Cristina Bolohan wrote:

I use SDL Trados 2007 and Microsoft Word 2003 and I am requested to do a translation in "*.TTX" / uncleaned file format. How can I do this?

Thank you.

Well, a good starting point would a manual called "File Format Reference Guide".

It's part of the Trados installation.

There you should find a description explaining how to translate Word files with TagEditor and deliver a bilingual TTX file.

Basically, follow these steps:

1. Open the Doc file with TagEditor.
2. Save as bilingual file (this will create a TTX).
3. Translate the file.

However, have a look at the document I mentioned above for the full story.

Good luck!

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TTX file (Trados)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »