Thread poster: psicutrinius

psicutrinius  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:33
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 15, 2008

I have seen a number of problems concerning the multiterm toolbar working together with word. I have been using it to add terms to multiterm on the fly, which is quite useful (most useful in my case, I should add), but right now what happens is that, when I click either the word toolbar for multiterm (top right) or the multitem toolbar (get termbase) I get a screen with the white x on the red roundel which says:

"Microsoft C++ Runtime Library"

Program C...

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way
Please contact the application's support team for more information

Accept

So far, this does not differ much from the other various threads on this matter (except that it just doesn't quote any origin other than C...).

What I have not found yet in the forum is that, on clicking "Accept", I get the other ...

"Microsoft Office word has detected a problem and must now close"... and this is it, word closes on the spot.

I have updated Trados Freelance 2007 SP2 to the suite (though it all started before), and have also Multiterm 2007 (7.5.044, build 448).

Multiterm itself works without problems (though it takes ages to reach the "edit entry" configuration after the proper button has been clicked).

It all has been working quite well until recently, and I cannot recall any possible reason for this happening (say, power cuts, BSODs, applications hang, etc...).

I have repaired (>control panel >add / remove programs...) Office, Trados, Multiterm, the C++ runtime library, the .NET Framework... and still, no way.

I ran the event viewer and got an explanation for the error:

"Application failure winword.exe 11.0.82.27.0 in mscoree.dll 2.0.50727.83.2 at offset 0003 02da..".

mscoree.dll is part of .NET Framework according to google. This is why I "repaired" .NET Framework as well, but no results.

Any ideas?.

Thanks a lot anyway

Marcel (aka psicutrinius)

Direct link Reply with quote

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:33
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Bandaids Nov 17, 2008

Hi Marcel,
If this started before, then the problem is not the upgrade. It is however a problem of interface with MT.
1. See what happens if you replace your Normal.dot template (rename the old one of you want to keep it or delete it if you don't) and see whether the problem persists.
2. Replace Multiterm.dot with a template in your C:/....Multiterm/Templates, to make sure it's the correct template.

3. Delete Multiterm7dot.xml (just in case, although I don't really think this would help - but can't hurt to try).
in: C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Application Data\Trados\MultiTerm\
4. See if there is no conflict with the Language Recognition settings for Multiterm in Workbench - make sure that the same termbase was selected and that the language direction is the same (same source - same target).

See if any of these bandaids help.

Else, eliminate the Multiterm.dot from Word/Startup and load it from Toolsl/ Templates and Add-ins. It's a workaround but may work.
Best,
Sandra

[Edited at 2008-11-17 19:24 GMT]

Matthias Quaschning-Kirsch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:33
Member (2006)
Swedish to German
+ ...
Same problem Dec 19, 2008

I have the same problem (Trados Suite 2007 with MT 7.5.0.444 build 448, Word 2003 SP 3). Runtime error without a number. Starting Word takes a lot of time, until the MT tolbar appears. After a click on the termbase icon, Word crashes immediately with the symptoms already described. Any further ideas?

Best regards,
Matthias

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm toolbar in word 2003 SP3- kills word

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search