https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/120850-multiterm_75_xls_date_properties_not_handled_correctly.html

MultiTerm 7.5: .xls date properties not handled correctly?
Thread poster: Alexandra Davidson
Alexandra Davidson
Alexandra Davidson
Local time: 06:10
English to German
+ ...
Nov 17, 2008

Hi all,

I work with MultiTerm 7.5.0.444 (Build 448) on Windows XP.

I am trying the following:

- I received an .xls file from my client containing a term list in different languages. This file includes the responsible author at the client's, the status of the term and the date this status was assigned to it. The date field is formatted as such in .xls, i.e. the cell properties are set to "Date".
- I want to import this into MultiTerm and have created a
... See more
Hi all,

I work with MultiTerm 7.5.0.444 (Build 448) on Windows XP.

I am trying the following:

- I received an .xls file from my client containing a term list in different languages. This file includes the responsible author at the client's, the status of the term and the date this status was assigned to it. The date field is formatted as such in .xls, i.e. the cell properties are set to "Date".
- I want to import this into MultiTerm and have created a termbank definition accordingly.

Everything imports fine, except for the date field. It converts to some unrecognizable number that has nothing to do with my original date/date format anymore. When looking at the .xml file, I can see that this is already happening there too.

Is this perhaps a limitation of the MultiTerm .xml conversion in that it only handles .xls cells that are set to "standard"? Or at least not to "date"?

(In case you are asking why I need this date field in my .mdb: I want to be able to track as to when the client released certains terms, and the entry ID/creation date is not good enough.)

Thanks for any information you might have,
Alexandra
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 7.5: .xls date properties not handled correctly?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »