Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format...
Thread poster: Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
Local time: 03:34
German to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 20, 2008

I just got a large bunch of TTX files, which have been converted from
Word 2007. I am using Trados 2007 SP 2 (Translator's Workbench and
TagEditor 8.2.0.83) on Windows XP SP 3 - but I have Word 2003, not 2007.

When I open the TTX files, I get the following error message: "Failed
to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: Filter
definition not found: SDL Trados Word 2007 Filter 1.0.0.0" - which
means that I cannot save the translation as t
... See more
I just got a large bunch of TTX files, which have been converted from
Word 2007. I am using Trados 2007 SP 2 (Translator's Workbench and
TagEditor 8.2.0.83) on Windows XP SP 3 - but I have Word 2003, not 2007.

When I open the TTX files, I get the following error message: "Failed
definition not found: SDL Trados Word 2007 Filter 1.0.0.0" - which
means that I cannot save the translation as target, but I can translate
the file.

What puzzles me is that I DO have the file Word2007_1_0_0_0.xml in the
Filters folder, but when I start TradosFilterSettings, the Word 2007
filter is greyed out.

I have seen the suggestion at
http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/articleDirect/index.aspx?aid=1643&r=0.9492738, but it does not help in my case.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!
Collapse

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Comment... Nov 20, 2008

I must add that this makes it practically impossible to translate the files: the error message pops up at each new segment of the file. (When I wrote my post, I had only opened the first segment of the first file...)

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found! Nov 20, 2008

I found the solution:

The Word 2007 filter was missing in PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml. When I added it, everything worked normally!

Yolanda Alvarez Alonso
Yolanda Alvarez Alonso
Member (2008)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Similar problem Dec 9, 2008

Hallo!

I have a similar problem as you've had (only my error reads: Failed
definition not found: SDL Trados Word Filter 1.0.0.0; and I have Word 2003). How did you add the missing filter? I do not seem to find it in my computer either...

Thank you very much!

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Check PluginFileFilterDefinitions Dec 9, 2008

Hello Yolanda,

The filter should be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SDL International\Filters.

But you also have to do like I did - look in PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml (in the same folder) and see if Word_1_0_0_0.xml is listed there. If not, it has to be added.

Good luck!
Hans

AuréliaG
AuréliaG
English to French
+ ...
"Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: No matching filter definition found Feb 19, 2009

Dear Hans,

I currently have a problem with TagEditor and It seems you found a solution that could help me.

Here is my problem :
I have Trados 6 Freelance (6.0.0.309) and I have the same problem you mentionned in this post.
When I try to open a ttx file (from Word 2003 I think) I have the following message : "Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: No matching filter definition found" and later ""No matching filter definition found !"
... See more
Dear Hans,

I currently have a problem with TagEditor and It seems you found a solution that could help me.

Here is my problem :
I have Trados 6 Freelance (6.0.0.309) and I have the same problem you mentionned in this post.
When I try to open a ttx file (from Word 2003 I think) I have the following message : "Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: No matching filter definition found" and later ""No matching filter definition found !" again

Then, after OK, I can open their ttx file but when I save my job and want to reopen I can't and the following message appears: (40007)Error reading TTXfile header:A leading surrogate character was not followed by a legal second character.

-> I tried several solutions :
Reinstall the software, Same message again
Ask for the Ini files to the translation agency, same message
I also read several articles of the onlinesupport of SDL but nothing worked

As you suggested it, I can find the PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml, not in Document and settings but in C:\ProgramFiles\T6_FL\TT. But here is what appears in it (I deleted the brackets beacause otherwise it won't appear):

-xml version="1.0" -
- FilterDefinitions
- Add filter definition file entries here, in the following format: -
- -FilterDefinition-C:\SomeFolder\SomeFilterDefinition.xml -FilterDefinition-

-FilterDefinitions-

Is everything normal ? It seems there are few elements. Can I had some, which one and How can I do so ?

I have no other .xml file in the TT folder (I simply don't have a filter file)

Thank you very much for your help !

Kind regards,
Aurélia
Collapse

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Plugin filters seem to be missing Feb 22, 2009

This is really strange – a complete filter definitions file and a number of filters should have been installed automatically in the TT folder of Trados 6. In my old installation of Trados 6 I have the following filter definitions:

Excel_2_0_0_0.xml
PowerPoint_1_0_0_0.xml
Excel_1_0_0_0.xml
Word_1_0_0_0.xml
Win32Binary_1_0_0_0.xml
RCFilter_1_0_0_0.xml
SdlGdfFilter1_0_0_0.xml
IndesignFilter_1_0_0_0.xml... See more
This is really strange – a complete filter definitions file and a number of filters should have been installed automatically in the TT folder of Trados 6. In my old installation of Trados 6 I have the following filter definitions:

Excel_2_0_0_0.xml
PowerPoint_1_0_0_0.xml
Excel_1_0_0_0.xml
Word_1_0_0_0.xml
Win32Binary_1_0_0_0.xml
RCFilter_1_0_0_0.xml
SdlGdfFilter1_0_0_0.xml
IndesignFilter_1_0_0_0.xml
JavaResourceFilter_1_0_0_0.xml
OpenOfficeFilter_1_0_0_0.xml

And all these filters are there in the TT folder. I will send you the filters and the filter definitions file separately – hope it helps!
Collapse

Brochetrad
Brochetrad  Identity Verified
France
English to French
No matching filter definition found! Jun 12, 2009

Dear Hans, dear Yolanda,

I have the same problem with Trados Freelance 6.5, especially when trying to translate ppt files. I often get this message "Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: no matching filter definition found!" and all the problems you described earlier.
So I went to the "PluginFileFilterDefinitions" file in Program files > Trados > T65 FL > TT and here is what I have:

-
-
-
-
PowerPoint_1_0_
... See more
Dear Hans, dear Yolanda,

I have the same problem with Trados Freelance 6.5, especially when trying to translate ppt files. I often get this message "Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: no matching filter definition found!" and all the problems you described earlier.
So I went to the "PluginFileFilterDefinitions" file in Program files > Trados > T65 FL > TT and here is what I have:

-
-
-
-
PowerPoint_1_0_0_0.xml
Excel_1_0_0_0.xml

Which is, I think, quite limited!
How can I get the right filter definitions installed?

Thanks for your help!
Collapse

Gaia Mazzeschi
Gaia Mazzeschi  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Italian
+ ...
Same problem NO DEFINITION FILE IS MISSING!!! Jun 17, 2009

Hallo everybody,
I really hope someone can help me.

I'm working with Vista but I have Office 2003, SDL Trados 2007.
Since I installed SDL Trados 2007, when opening files in Tageditor, I receive the error message:

Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: No matching filter definition found

More specifically, in my case it seems that Filter def file Excel 2_0_0_0 is missing. Sometimes the message even appears only by click
... See more
Hallo everybody,
I really hope someone can help me.

I'm working with Vista but I have Office 2003, SDL Trados 2007.
Since I installed SDL Trados 2007, when opening files in Tageditor, I receive the error message:

Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: No matching filter definition found

More specifically, in my case it seems that Filter def file Excel 2_0_0_0 is missing. Sometimes the message even appears only by clicking on the icon Open in Tageditor, so before I even select any file. At the end I can open ttx files, but: Translate to fuzzy often does not work; I can't preview files; I can't CLEANUP files (that's a big problem sometimes when clients want me to deliver cleaned files). It even seems that ttx files are not recognised, as if the program was not installed: ttx files do not appear with the typical ttx icon.

The problem is: I have the PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml file in the right folder and all definition files seem to be listed in it. This is the content of the file:

?xml version="1.0" ?

Copyright © 2005-2007 SDL International. All rights reserved.

"Warning: This filter definitions file is protected by copyright law and
international treaties. Unauthorised reproduction or distribution of this file,
or any portion of it, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and
will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law."

This is a filter definitions file. It lists all filter plug ins available
for SDL TRADOS applications. Any unauthorised modification of the settings might
result in the filters or the SDL TRADOS applications not working correctly.

Original file name: PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml

Version: 5.0.0.0

Last change: 19 February 2007

-
Word2007_1_0_0_0.xml
Word_1_0_0_0.xml
Excel2007_1_0_0_0.xml
Excel_2_0_0_0.xml
Excel_1_0_0_0.xml
PowerPoint2007_1_0_0_0.xml
PowerPoint_2_0_0_0.xml
PowerPoint_1_0_0_0.xml
Win32Binary_1_0_0_0.xml
RCFilter_1_0_0_0.xml
IndesignFilter_1_0_0_0.xml
JavaResourceFilter_1_0_0_0.xml
OpenOfficeFilter_1_0_0_0.xml
RegExFileFilter_1_0_0_0.xml
SdlGdfFilter1_0_0_0.xml

So I really don't understand where the problem may be. SDL Trados support is not being of any help.

Thank you very much,
Gaia
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Filter definitions file Jun 17, 2009

Hi Gaia,
this may be a rather stupid question, but is the Excel 2_0_0_0.xml present in the correct folder too?

[Upraveno: 2009-06-17 10:52 GMT]

Gaia Mazzeschi
Gaia Mazzeschi  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Italian
+ ...
Filter definition files Jun 17, 2009

Hi Stanislav,

yes, all definitions files are in the same folder

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SDL International\Filters

so actually everything seems to be ok... =S

Obviously I've already tried to repair installation, re-install everything from scratch etc.

If I open the Filter Settings function, I get this message:

Error loading Microsoft Word 2000-2003 filter settings. The filter settings will
... See more
Hi Stanislav,

yes, all definitions files are in the same folder

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SDL International\Filters

so actually everything seems to be ok... =S

Obviously I've already tried to repair installation, re-install everything from scratch etc.

If I open the Filter Settings function, I get this message:

Error loading Microsoft Word 2000-2003 filter settings. The filter settings will be disabled.

I click on OK and the same message repeats for each filter settings file.
Indeed ALL filter settings are disabled and greyed out, including those for office 2007.
The only exception is

Java Virtual Machine Size Filter Settings

which is activated.

HELP!!!

Thanks a lot
Gaia
Collapse

Antje Lücke
Antje Lücke  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Same problem here, too Oct 9, 2009

Hello,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem: Same error message when opening a TTX file and no way to clean it after translating, which is really annoying since I have a client who sends me lots of TTX files and wants them back cleaned. This happens since I have this new version of Trados. Id didn't happen before, with the old version.

I have Trados Tag Editor 8.2, Microsoft Word 2002... and under C/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/SDL Internationa
... See more
Hello,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem: Same error message when opening a TTX file and no way to clean it after translating, which is really annoying since I have a client who sends me lots of TTX files and wants them back cleaned. This happens since I have this new version of Trados. Id didn't happen before, with the old version.

I have Trados Tag Editor 8.2, Microsoft Word 2002... and under C/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/SDL International/Filters, there is NO SDL International/Filters. So how does this come? I installed SDL Trados just normally. So where else could SDL International/Filters be? And where to get the missing file from?

It seems that this is a very common problem - is Trados aware of it? Can they help?
Collapse

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Missing filter folder? Oct 10, 2009

Hello Antje,

This sounds very strange. Do you mean that the folder C/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/SDL International/Filters is empty? Or does it not exist at all?

If so, something must have gone wrong with the installation. Can you not repair the Trados insalllation?

Brochetrad
Brochetrad  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Filte filter definition updated, but... Oct 28, 2009

Hi there!

Thanks to Winston Qiu (and Hans Näslund), I got the right file filter definition and most of the XML documents, but the problem remains. The reason being, I think, that there are still a few files missing: Word2007_1_0_0_0.xml, Excel2007_1_0_0_0.xml, PowerPoint2007_1_0_0_0.xml, PowerPoint_2_0_0_0.xml, which are listed in the PluginFileFilterDefinitions file, but not in the TT folder...
Assuming that this is THE problem... where can I find them?
Thank you for y
... See more
Hi there!

Thanks to Winston Qiu (and Hans Näslund), I got the right file filter definition and most of the XML documents, but the problem remains. The reason being, I think, that there are still a few files missing: Word2007_1_0_0_0.xml, Excel2007_1_0_0_0.xml, PowerPoint2007_1_0_0_0.xml, PowerPoint_2_0_0_0.xml, which are listed in the PluginFileFilterDefinitions file, but not in the TT folder...
Assuming that this is THE problem... where can I find them?
Thank you for your help.
Collapse

Hajnalka Kis
Hajnalka Kis  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
German to Hungarian
+ ...
Filter definition File not Found:Word2007_1_0_0_0.xml Feb 24, 2010

I tried every solution, here proposed and I still get the error message defined in the subject line.

My situation:

SDL Trados TagEditor

I try to open a document, when I click on Open a message appears, that says, Filter Definition File not found.

I have all my filters in the folder: C:\ProgramData\SDL International\Filters , the PluginFileFilterDefinition with the filter definition for the Word 2007 within AND the Word2007 filter definition f
... See more
I tried every solution, here proposed and I still get the error message defined in the subject line.

My situation:

SDL Trados TagEditor

I try to open a document, when I click on Open a message appears, that says, Filter Definition File not found.

I have all my filters in the folder: C:\ProgramData\SDL International\Filters , the PluginFileFilterDefinition with the filter definition for the Word 2007 within AND the Word2007 filter definition file in the same folder.

I just can't stand it anymore.
I've already re-installed, repaired the installation, controlled the registry and I still get the message.

What goes wrond and why? Any ideas?

Every help is needed, is there any possibility in the interface of the TagEditor to click on sg to activate or specify the filter definition files?

Thank you in advance to all of you,
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format...

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »