https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/121607-problem_when_exporting_a_huge_tm.html

Problem when exporting a huge TM
Thread poster: Sumana U
Sumana U
Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
Nov 26, 2008

Hi,

I am using Windows XP and SDL Trados 2007 - V8.
The TM Database Version is 6.

I tried to export a huge TM with 170000 TU entries. I could export only 52000 of 170000 entries.

After exporting 52000 entries, it is displaying some error message: (50052): Inconsistent data. Please reorganise the database or run an export/import.
After this, I executed the File > Reorganise function. Everything was fine, but after reorganising 52500 entries the
... See more
Hi,

I am using Windows XP and SDL Trados 2007 - V8.
The TM Database Version is 6.

I tried to export a huge TM with 170000 TU entries. I could export only 52000 of 170000 entries.

After exporting 52000 entries, it is displaying some error message: (50052): Inconsistent data. Please reorganise the database or run an export/import.
After this, I executed the File > Reorganise function. Everything was fine, but after reorganising 52500 entries the TM displayed 'Analysing…' message in the status bar for a long time (more than 5 hours). It is also displaying the error message: (31005): Database corrupt! Run Export, create a new TM, and reimport.

I read all the forum discussions relating to this sort of error. I replaced all the four files (iix, mdf, mtf, mwf) with the new ones. I exported the TM entries based on creation date. Nothing is giving the expected result. I could export only up to the corrupt segment.

Is it possible to edit and extract the contents of TM in any other tool or software?
Please, let me know if there is any way to get back the whole TM database.
Collapse

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDL Support? Nov 26, 2008

Hi,

I had a very similar problem and our only alternative was to send the translation memory to SDL so that they could export it. They sent us a TXT file which we could import into a new translation memory...

Alternatively, I think that WordFast can open TMW files created with Trados 3 (also Trados 5?) but not later versions of Trados. You might want to try that route.

Daniel

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 10:54
English to Turkish
+ ...
TMX or TXT Nov 26, 2008

Most possibly it will not help but did you try to export as both TMX and TXT?

I can open and edit my Deja Vu databases with MS Access, but unfortunately it is not possible with Trados. We only have the maintenance function to display and edit the segments, but it is not so user-friendly.

A possible solution is finding the segment No. 52001 and deleting it.

In maintenance window, write 99 to the box (Translation units processed at a time) and then go to pa
... See more
Most possibly it will not help but did you try to export as both TMX and TXT?

I can open and edit my Deja Vu databases with MS Access, but unfortunately it is not possible with Trados. We only have the maintenance function to display and edit the segments, but it is not so user-friendly.

A possible solution is finding the segment No. 52001 and deleting it.

In maintenance window, write 99 to the box (Translation units processed at a time) and then go to page 526 with the next button. (You have to click on next button 526 times)

In Deja Vu, you can use some SQL commands to export, say translation units 1 to 52,000 or 52,001 to 170,000. I don't know if it is possible in Trados (Fields like created on, changed on, last used, usage, etc. will not help).

Selcuk
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 10:54
English to Turkish
+ ...
Any solutions? Nov 28, 2008

There are so many Trados experts here at ProZ.com, and I hope they will read your message and help you.

Sumana U
Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not yet solved Dec 1, 2008

Hi,
Selcuk Akyuz

I followed the steps stated by you and reached till segment No. 3222. But, when I clicked on Next (in TM Maintenance) the message '31005: Database corrupt! ...' appeared. I am unable to go further to reach segment No. 52001.

I hope somebody will help me out in this regard.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem when exporting a huge TM

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »