Greg

Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:03
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Change TM Dec 5, 2008

I suppose TWB is running with a valid TM.
Did you try with different TMs?
Is it displayed when you press F3?

greg606
greg606
Poland
Local time: 00:03
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes Dec 5, 2008

Spiros Doikas wrote:
I suppose TWB is running with a valid TM.

What do you mean?

F3 works fine.
The same with other TMs
Concordance in Tageditor doesn't work as well.

[Edited at 2008-12-05 15:34 GMT]

greg606
greg606
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
segments Dec 5, 2008

moving between segments alt + + also desn't work((

Yob van As (X)
Yob van As (X)  Identity Verified
Russian to Dutch
+ ...
I had some problems too Dec 5, 2008

I don't understand anything help ever tells me to do, so it never works.

Have you installed the net1.1 (sorry, don't really know what you need, but it comes up if you google 'vista and trados incompatibilities' or something like it)?

Friend of mine did that before I installed Trados, so it should have done it right. For some reason the trados installer put all kinds of things that it needs in folders where it can't find them later on. So it couldn't find the Trados7.dot
... See more

Have you installed the net1.1 (sorry, don't really know what you need, but it comes up if you google 'vista and trados incompatibilities' or something like it)?

Friend of mine did that before I installed Trados, so it should have done it right. For some reason the trados installer put all kinds of things that it needs in folders where it can't find them later on. So it couldn't find the Trados7.dot it needs in word. Search for this first.

In Word look for Tools > Templates and ... applications (?) and browse to the spot where it was put.

My Vista machine was a laptop and the Get (current, next, previous) placeables shortcuts made the screen go upside down or side ways (rotate 180, 90, 270 degrees). No idea how to shut those Vista shortcuts out.

Hope this helps, I don't understand it myself.
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Some remarks... Dec 5, 2008

Yob van As wrote:

The .Net Framework 1.1 is needed for SDLT 2006 or earlier and MT 7.0/7.1.
For the 2007 versions, the .NEt 2.0 is needed.

Friend of mine did that before I installed Trados, so it should have done it right.

Generally, he was right although some Trados builds have problems if the .Net is patched before the installation.
The Trados and Multiterm installation routines are very messy.

For some reason the trados installer put all kinds of things that it needs in folders where it can't find them later on.

Change the folder duing the installation.
For some products (e.g. MT 7.1) , it's necessary to kill the instalation if you want to save the temporary files.

So it couldn't find the Trados7.dot it needs in word. Search for this first.

In Word look for Tools > Templates and ... applications (?) and browse to the spot where it was put.

The best strategy is to make a copy and pont this copy...
The template file may get easily corrupt.

My Vista machine was a laptop and the Get (current, next, previous) placeables shortcuts made the screen go upside down or side ways (rotate 180, 90, 270 degrees). No idea how to shut those Vista shortcuts out.

It's not Vista.
It's the Intel graphic card driver.
You should disable the screen rotation and the shortcuts for the Intel graphics./quote]

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

concordance in word is not working

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »