Thread poster: Stefanie Weeber

Stefanie Weeber
Germany
Local time: 18:59
English to German
+ ...
Dec 8, 2008

Hi everybody

I was asked to translate a text (German -> English) that already includes English words.

How can I prevent Trados from taking the already English term as a source term?? Because if I just confirm the text I end up with an English-English TM......makes not much sense.

I hope someone can help me (if I was able to tell you what kind of problem I have).

Thanks in advance for your support!

Stefanie

Direct link Reply with quote

Kathinka van de Griendt  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Just close the segment Dec 8, 2008

Hi Stefanie - why don't you just copy the segment and close it without confirming? Then it won't be added to your TM. Or have I missed something vital here?

Regards,
Kathinka

Stefanie Weeber
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oops...... Dec 8, 2008

....maybe I should better stick my nose in the manual......

Thanks very much, Kathinka. Honestly, I didn't know that this is possible.
I will try it right away. You've probable saved my life...ehm, my TM.

Stefanie

Kathinka van de Griendt wrote:

Hi Stefanie - why don't you just copy the segment and close it without confirming? Then it won't be added to your TM. Or have I missed something vital here?

Regards,
Kathinka

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:59
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Use TagEditor Dec 8, 2008

Hide the English text, then do the job in TagEditor. The hidden text will be buried in tags and will never get close to your TM.

Stefanie Weeber
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Dec 9, 2008

.... very much for your suggestion. I currently work with an excel document, so I'm not quite sure if I can hide the text. But I will keep it in mind.

Stefanie

Kevin Lossner wrote:

Hide the English text, then do the job in TagEditor. The hidden text will be buried in tags and will never get close to your TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Source text in English and German

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search