Thread poster: David Rumsey
David Rumsey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:25
Member (2004)
Danish to English
+ ...
Dec 8, 2008

I just upgraded to Trados 8.3 and I get the following error when I try to open Word docs from Tag Editor or when I try to create a New Project in the Synergy window.

It says in both cases " Unknown filter error when reading plugin filter management file C://... PluginFilterFileDefinitions.xml.

I get the distinct sense that they launched this version as basically a beta version...there will be plenty more bugs.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:25
English to Czech
+ ...
Did you try to... Dec 9, 2008

...open your file directly in TagEditor? If you did and you got the same error message, this means that the file PluginFilterFileDefinitions.xml is missing from your Trados installation folder.
Go to talisma.sdl.com, download the latest version and save it to your Trados installation folder.

Trados didn't launch this version as beta: the only beta feature is automated translation for some language pairs.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PluginFilterFileDefinitions.xml error

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search