Comparing English to English
Thread poster: rosabonner
rosabonner
rosabonner
English to French
Dec 9, 2008

Can I match English to English in Trados Freelance?

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:54
English to French
+ ...
If I am not mistaken... Dec 9, 2008

Although I haven't tried it so far, to my knowledge, you can do that, except that you would have to use different local varieties of English. You can't create an EN-UK EN-UK memory - but you can create and EN-US EN-UK memory. As long as the ISO code of the languages is not the same, you should be able to make combinations that involve the same language.

I can see where this could be useful.

All the best!

rosabonner
rosabonner
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank-you Dec 10, 2008

I will try this out and let you know! Thank-you!

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 07:54
German to English
+ ...
Editing with TM tools Dec 10, 2008

There's really no reason why you can't use this approach for revision with any CAT tool AFAIK. The main advantages, depending on the environment you use, are the ability to propagate repetitive changes with greater ease and fix errant phrases and terms using assembly and QA features.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comparing English to English

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »