HELP! Trados Synergy 2007 updates TM, but finalized file is OLD!
Thread poster: Tammo Kamminga

Tammo Kamminga  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:06
Member (2010)
English to Dutch
Dec 10, 2008

Hello everyone,

I hope I'm just doing something wrong, but I'm getting pretty desperate here. I use Trados Suite 2007 and always make a project to translate word .doc files. Trados converts them in TagEditor to .ttx files. When I'm done with the translating, I always check again and remove some typos etc. THEN when I'm happy I "update TM and convert to original file format" to produce my customer deliverable file, so conversion from .ttx to .doc. Now I noticed that after conversion I have a translation, BUT with the typos still in it! ARggghh. Pretty bad. I checked the TM (by exporting to text and checking in several stages), but the TM IS updated. My file structure looks like this:

SDL Trados>Projects>Local>project name>NL-NL>translated file.doc

When I Use Save Target As in TagEditor it does work fine: the .doc file is the latest version. However I can not always convert really back to the original with all file formats (for example .mif files) and also am I worrying to have sent unproofread docs to customers.

Do any of you have experienced this also, and have some tips? Is this a bug in Trados?? If so, it would be pretty serious I guess!? Am I doing something wrong?? Please help!

Tammo Kamminga

[Edited at 2008-12-10 18:47 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP! Trados Synergy 2007 updates TM, but finalized file is OLD!

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search