Error message "Cannot find Translator's Workbench" when trying to open T-Window for PowerPoint
Thread poster: Line Merrette

Line Merrette  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:36
English to French
Dec 16, 2008

I have more than one version of Trados installed on my workstation. I have just installed TW version 7.1 and now I find that my T-Window for PowerPoint gives me the error message "Cannot find Translator's Workbench" when I try to use it. I'm, pretty sure there must be a *.dll file that is wrong.

I'm working with PowerPoint 2003 and the relevant versiosn of TW are 6.5.5.439 and 7.1.0.719.

Any clues/fixes/solutions/workarounds?

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 20:36
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Activate the Trados license before running TM Dec 16, 2008

As explained in Trados user manual, when you have 2 or more versions of Trados on your PC, you must activate the respective Workbench license before quing it or the large TM may not be opened and your PowerPoint file may not be translated.
In Program file > SDL Trados > License manager [click the license for version you need to run].

Soonthon L.

Line Merrette  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:36
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Licences are installed Dec 16, 2008

All the licences are properly installed. Otherwise I would get a message "This translation memory is too large to run in demo mode. Install a dongle on the parellel port." And TW would run in demo mode by default.

As I sais, the message says verbatim "Cannot find translator's Workbench" which means that a*.dll (for Dynamic Link Library) is missing or was overwritten.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message "Cannot find Translator's Workbench" when trying to open T-Window for PowerPoint

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search