Can Javascript and ASP files be translated in Trados?
Thread poster: xxxisatranslati
xxxisatranslati
Netherlands
Local time: 10:41
English
Dec 19, 2008

Dear all,

Does anybody know if .asp and .js files can be translated in TRADOS ? IF yes, is there anything special I should do for this? would it be the same as translating XML files?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, with TagEditor Dec 19, 2008

Yes, you should be able to open them directly from TagEditor. At least they are in the list of accepted formats of my TagEditor from SDL Trados 8.0 (2007).

Colin lee
Local time: 17:41
Chinese
markup it Dec 19, 2008

if you trados can't support .js and asp directly.please convert to be txt firstly. and change them doc or rtf,actually.these can be done by macro automaticaly. and then markup you doc or rtf.now,you can handle them using trados with any version.

xxxisatranslati
Netherlands
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for you reply Dec 19, 2008

Do you know if you need a .ini file for this? My Trados failed doing the analysis.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Most probably the HTML4.ini file Dec 19, 2008

Isa Quodbach wrote:
Do you know if you need a .ini file for this? My Trados failed doing the analysis.

Hm... Trados is probably missing the point that the HTML4.ini file should be enough for this. You might want to overcome this problem by opening the files in TagEditor --it will ask you for an INI file; you can select the standard HTML4.ini file ("Predefined HTML settings")--, saving them as TTX files (even if you haven't translated anything in them), then analysing. I hope it works for you!

[Edited at 2008-12-19 19:45 GMT]

xxxisatranslati
Netherlands
English
TOPIC STARTER
I am sorry , but it still doesn't work Dec 24, 2008

I copied a part of the logfile. I hope there is someone who undertands this problem and knows how to solve it . The client hasn't got a .ini file, and I used the html4.ini.

C:\Documents and Settings\KiM Translations\Bureaublad\Analyse voor Isa\campaign-detail_res.js

(50204): XConvert could not process "C:\Documents and Settings\KiM Translations\Bureaublad\Analyse voor Isa\campaign-detail_res.js" ((-2147024809): Unrecognised file type!)
File skipped!

C:\Documents and Settings\KiM Translations\Bureaublad\Analyse voor Isa\checksystemversionres.vbi

(50204): XConvert could not process "C:\Documents and Settings\KiM Translations\Bureaublad\Analyse voor Isa\checksystemversionres.vbi" ((-2147024809): Unrecognised file type!)
File skipped!

C:\Documents and Settings\KiM Translations\Bureaublad\Analyse voor Isa\clientsidediagnosticsres.vbi

(50204): XConvert could not process "C:\Documents and Settings\KiM Translations\Bureaublad\Analyse voor Isa\clientsidediagnosticsres.vbi" ((-2147024809): Unrecognised file type!)
File skipped!

C:\Documents and Settings\KiM Translations\Bureaublad\Analyse voor Isa\comments_res.js

(50204): XConvert could not process "C:\Documents and Settings\KiM Translations\Bureaublad\Analyse voor Isa\comments_res.js" ((-2147024809): Unrecognised file type!)
File skipped!

C:\Documents and Settings\KiM Translations\Bureaublad\Analyse voor Isa\company_details.xml

(50106): No matching settings file found.
File skipped!

Does anyone have a clue??

[Bijgewerkt op 2008-12-24 07:01 GMT]

Andrea Strada  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:41
English to Spanish
Help!!! Jan 13, 2009

I have TRADOS 7, do you know how can I translate a Javascript file? Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can Javascript and ASP files be translated in Trados?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search