multiterm 2007 desktop sp1 installer problems
Thread poster: i-see

i-see
Italy
Local time: 07:43
Italian to German
Dec 29, 2008

My problem during the installation of SDL Multiterm 2007: the installation wizard doesn't conclude the process because he returns constantly to the window: please review the list of components below and click Install to begin setup: Install Script Engine 10.5, altough the wizard for ISScript says that ISScript hast been succesfully installed.

How can I install the Script Engine 10.5?

Thx for help!
isolde

windows xp
service pack 2
office 2007

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Uninstall first... Dec 29, 2008

i-see wrote:

My problem during the installation of SDL Multiterm 2007: the installation wizard doesn't conclude the process because he returns constantly to the window: please review the list of components below and click Install to begin setup: Install Script Engine 10.5, altough the wizard for ISScript says that ISScript hast been succesfully installed.

How can I install the Script Engine 10.5?

It's possible your SE 10.5 is messed up.
Try to unistall it first.

windows xp
service pack 2
office 2007

And install the SP3 for XP
It's easier to install SDL software after XP SP3.

In my (very, very special) configuration, it was pratically impossible to install MT without problems over XP SP2.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2008-12-29 23:45 GMT]

i-see
Italy
Italian to German
TOPIC STARTER
not able to install script engine Dec 30, 2008

I uninstalled multiterm, I installed sp3, but I am still not able to install the Script Engine 10.5.

this means that my multiterm does'nt work correctly when saving new entries or when connecting with workbench because it is immediately blocked and I have to force closure.

((

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Workarounds... Jan 2, 2009

i-see wrote:

I uninstalled multiterm, I installed sp3, but I am still not able to install the Script Engine 10.5.

Try to start the installations manually from the uncompressed setup directory.
It may work.

this means that my multiterm does'nt work correctly when saving new entries or when connecting with workbench because it is immediately blocked and I have to force closure.

It looks like a Java problem.
Uninstall all the Java builds newer than 1.5.0.12.
But it's possible you're configuration is completely messed up.

PS.
If you have MT7 and Trados 2006 CP2, you can install it first, then install MT/Trados 2007.
SDLT 2006 CP2 is very stable and can fix automagically a lot of problems with MT-Workbench communication.
I never analyzed how it works but I used this workaround several times.
My standard configuration is rather strange and in most cases I get f!@#$d with a standard SDLT/MT 2007 installation.
The SDL guys don't test the installation routines as they should do.

Cheers
GG

i-see
Italy
Italian to German
TOPIC STARTER
now it works! Jan 2, 2009

thanks GG for your help!
it wasn't a java problem, I think it was the internet explorer 8 beta; I reinstalled the ie7.. now it seems to be all right..

thx again
isolde

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

multiterm 2007 desktop sp1 installer problems

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search