Opening SDLX.FMP file with SDL Trados 2007
Thread poster: EL Cavanaugh

EL Cavanaugh
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
Jan 5, 2009

I received the files to be translated, form SDLX.FMP, antoher one is .itd. When trying to open them in Trados Tageditor, I get the message "SDLX 2005 or later must be installed to use this functionality. Could you help me, how can I open the files?

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:05
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
What is your version of SDL Trados? Jan 6, 2009

You only open the itd-file(s). The fmp is only for SDLX, and you never open it in SDLX either.
Regards
Heinrich

EL Cavanaugh
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
I have SDL Trados Version 7 Jan 6, 2009

TagEditor 7.1.0.719, the same with the Translator´s Workbench. I tried to open the .itd file but get the error message SDLX 2005 SR or later must be installed to use this functionality. What am I doing wrong? Am I using the fmp file for something? I probably should know but so far I only had .xml files to translate with Trados.

EL Cavanaugh
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Which files to deliver in SDLX translation? Jan 7, 2009

Hi there, I would appreciate help - first translation using SDLX and it went well. Now I am a bit confused which files I am supposed to deliver to the customer. Could you kindly help?

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Just the itd Jan 7, 2009

Put the itd-file(s) into a zip-archive and send them to the customer. He can update his tm himself.
Regards
Heinrich

Brigith Guimarães  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:05
Member (2003)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SDLX SR or later must be installed Jan 28, 2009

I have exactly the same problem and reading these answers has not helped.
Can anyone please tell me why I cannot open itd files with TagEditor??
Must I upgrade something?
Must I buy SDLX 2005 SR or later??

Lyudmila Dyankova
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
.fmp file is for correct font-mapping May 29, 2015

Even though the topic is old it still shows first in the Google search so I am adding the answer found in the SDL KB (knowledge base):
http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=1256#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:1256
In short FMP file is generated automatically by SDLX when project is created.
For the translators: just copy the file together with the ITD in the same folder and start translating in SDLX Edit. The .fmp file will be useful if you try to Preview/Create Translation after you are done.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening SDLX.FMP file with SDL Trados 2007

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search