Thread poster: Astrid vanBeek

Astrid vanBeek  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:21
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 5, 2009

Hi all,
After several crashes of my beloved old desktop I had to get a new one and had to switch to the dreaded Vista operating system (sigh)
I have pretty much everything working except for the fact that when I want to work in TagEditor and I want to open Multiterm in the Workbench for my glossary, then..... poof... WB is closed and Vista tells me it wants to look for the problem.
Of course it cannot find anything, so Tageditor will ask me to open WB again and I am left empty handed (another sigh)

Anyone with similar experiences? Preferably solved cases!
or anyone who can give me advise?

Thanks!
Happy New Year!!

Astrid

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 09:21
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Assuming that you have Trados 7.5 or lower... Jan 5, 2009

this might do the trick:

I) Uninstall both Trados and Multiterm.

II) Install Multiterm by right-clicking on the corresponding Setup icon and using the "Run as administrator" option.

III) Do the same for Trados.

The trick is to use the "Run as administrator" option when installing both Trados and Multiterm, and not just to re-install them!

If this doesn't work, please let us know!

[Edited at 2009-01-05 23:56 GMT]

Astrid vanBeek  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:21
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Actually I have the latest version 8.0 Jan 6, 2009

and I have had some problems with reinstalling.
Because of three subsequent crashes (I did not give up on my desktop the first time) I could not register anymore . This was finally solved and I am kinda reluctant to reinstall again.

Only Multiterm reinstalling, would that do the same trick, you think?

Thanks
Astrid

The Good Translator  Identity Verified
Australia
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
Trados 7 works fine with Vista Jan 6, 2009

I am using TRados 7 and both the Workbench and Multiterm run well on Vista. When you install Trados, remember to run all other supported files such as ISScript, dotnetfxsp1, etc.

Hope it will help.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:21
English to Czech
+ ...
Which Vista version? Jan 6, 2009

Do you have Vista 32-bit, or 64-bit? Trados is officially compatible with Vista 32 only. It might work under Vista 64 as well, but there will probably be some errors (not that there are none under other OSs).

[Upraveno: 2009-01-06 20:12 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm crashes Workbench in Vista

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search