how can I transform Framemaker files in TTX (in trados)?
Thread poster: ladytraduk

ladytraduk
Italy
Local time: 12:13
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 8, 2009

I have a Framemaker book . I have to translate it from English to Italian.
There's a previous Italian version. I've updated it in Framemaker. Now I need the ttx files. How can I update the TM memory and get the ttx files? and how should the ttx files look? is it possible to create them, even though the translation is already done?

Direct link Reply with quote

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:13
English to Polish
Do you have "old" source? Jan 8, 2009

If you have "old" English FrameMaker files, you might try converting both "old" English and Italian to MIF, then to single-source TTX files and align them. You might get some leverage, but don't expect everything will align perfectly (I guess there were some formatting changes in the Italian files).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how can I transform Framemaker files in TTX (in trados)?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search