Thread poster: Rafal Piasta
Rafal Piasta
Rafal Piasta  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:48
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 11, 2009

Hello, I need anybody's help with SDL Trados Synergy.
I have installed SDL Trados 2007 Freelance and when I try to create a new project using SDL Trados Synergy I receive an error message (see below) and can not create it. Can anybody help me? Rafal

-
Filter defintions file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dane aplikacji\SDL International\Filters\PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml could not be located.
-
Filter defintions file C:\Documents and Settings
... See more
Hello, I need anybody's help with SDL Trados Synergy.
I have installed SDL Trados 2007 Freelance and when I try to create a new project using SDL Trados Synergy I receive an error message (see below) and can not create it. Can anybody help me? Rafal

-
Filter defintions file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dane aplikacji\SDL International\Filters\PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml could not be located.
-
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
FilterManager.FilterManager.1
-
-

-
-
C:\Documents and Settings\Rafał\Moje dokumenty\SDL Trados\Projects

-
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Dodatek Service Pack 3
LAPTOK-RAF\Rafał
LAPTOK-RAF
True
2087276 MB
Collapse

Marek Buchtel
Marek Buchtel  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Repair the installation Jan 11, 2009

Hello Rafael,

The filter definitions sometimes disappear during install/upgrade.
I think it's when you install Trados before Multiterm (or vice versa?), but it's not really important.

What I usually do is "repair" the installation.
Go to Start -> Control Panels -> Add/Remove Programs, scroll down and click on "SDL Trados 2007 Freelance" and choose the button "Change". In the window that appears, click on Next (once or twice) until the options appear. Select
... See more
Hello Rafael,

The filter definitions sometimes disappear during install/upgrade.
I think it's when you install Trados before Multiterm (or vice versa?), but it's not really important.

What I usually do is "repair" the installation.
Go to Start -> Control Panels -> Add/Remove Programs, scroll down and click on "SDL Trados 2007 Freelance" and choose the button "Change". In the window that appears, click on Next (once or twice) until the options appear. Select "Repair", click on Next and complete the wizard (I don't remember everything, but you will be mostly required to click on Next).
Of course, the buttons and menus will be localized in your system (Polish?).

That should do the trick.
On one occasion, I had to go through the procedure twice.

HTH

Marek
Collapse

Rafal Piasta
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I uninstalled Trados Freelance and reinstalled it, now everything is okay :-) Jan 11, 2009

Hi Marek,
I tried to repair the instalation of Trados but it didn't succeeed however I uninstalled Trados and reinstalled it and it helped. Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards,
Rafal

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Synergy? Jan 12, 2009

Hi Rafal,
if I may suggest, please forget about Synergy. It's causing more problems and crashes than if you open the individual files. Not to forget about the gigabytes the projects eat up from your harddrive.
Two years of (painful) experience with Synergy...

Rafal Piasta
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Synergy looks helpfully but I need a software for projects and tasks management Jan 12, 2009

I am going to serve multilingual translations and looking for a proper software (in English) to handle such projects. The software should be able to work with server. If you could suggest someting really good I would appreciate it greatly.
Kind regards,
Rafal

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Projetex Jan 12, 2009

Hi Rafal,
I've been successfully using Projetex for more than a year. It's a server-client software. The database runs on a Firebird server which installs to your machine or to any other server you choose. You can then purchase, for instance, 1 server and 2 workstation licences, if you want to connect to the server from two different workstations.
You can also use Project Translation (
... See more
Hi Rafal,
I've been successfully using Projetex for more than a year. It's a server-client software. The database runs on a Firebird server which installs to your machine or to any other server you choose. You can then purchase, for instance, 1 server and 2 workstation licences, if you want to connect to the server from two different workstations.
You can also use Project Translation (www.project-open.org) which is a web-based PHP (thus fully customizable) application. It's completely free, but still has quite many bugs. But you might want to try it.

I hope it helps.

Stanislav

[Upraveno: 2009-01-12 21:47 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ErrorMessage when I try to create a new project in SDL Trados Synergy

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »