Create new project not activated and activation failed
Thread poster: Diana Mecarelli

Diana Mecarelli  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:30
German to Italian
+ ...
Jan 15, 2009

I have the following problem:

During Installation of the file SDLTrados2007_FL_SP2_835.exe on my notebook without other Trados Installations I did get an error message during activation:
Could not contact activation server (Error code 50018)
I finished installation and installed the patch SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_863_Patch.exe
Then I open Synergy and the option "create new Project" (Neues Projekt anlegen) is grey and cant't be used. On my PC it works, but there worked also the activation. But I dont' think it is related to activation?

I controlled the firewall settings, everything is fine.

I only have one installation (on PC) activated. I did install first SDL on my notebook, but then had to reinstall (I did format all) the whole notebook and before formatting, I returned the license succesfully.

Now I should be allowed to activate it again on my notebook, but it does not work.

Any ideas what I could do?

Direct link Reply with quote

Diana Mecarelli  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:30
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not acceptable support Jan 16, 2009

Now I want to inform you about the following situation:

The support did contact me for that problem, they logged on to my desktop, had control on it, did make sure, everything was fine on my site and than provided a node locked licence for my notebook, because they wasn't abel to activate it on my notebook.
But not only that. After disconnnecting the session (disconnecting from my notebook), my Internet-Connection crashed and I wasn't able to reconnect, because the Support wasn't able to tell me, what happened. They said, that it wasn't there fault, they didn't change anything...

Ok, can't change the situation, but:

I noticed that this node locked licence could be generated only once for one computer. Now as I have the Freelance version of the Trados 2007 Suite, I should be able to have a licence for TWO computers, or better, use PC and notebook, not at the same time, but without turning back the licence every time. Infact I can't plan every day if I could use the PC or the notebook and I can't have access to the Internet every day before leaving home and I don't have the time to turn back the license and to take it back on the PC or the notebook (family situation, but who cares).
So this is really not a correct handling or solution. This is not acceptable!

Does anybody have a better solution to this problem? How can it be, that 100 of other Software sellers are able to offer a better service? I mean, even Microsoft enables you to install two times one software, activate it without any problems, if necessary by phone(!) and then you don't have to worry any longer about it. I've never heard of another software that has so many licensing problems. If that node locked license can only be used on the same computer on which it had been created, why don't provide a FREELANCER a second node locked licence. One for PC and one for notebook. What the hell is so difficult in that?
Or provide a dongle as they did before, such a simple thing.

As a matter of fact, I still have the possibility to create a license for the Version 7, but I don't need it, because I UPGRADED to version 8 and I never did install version 7, so instead of that license for the version 7, why is it imposible to create another one for the version 8?

I can't believe it.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create new project not activated and activation failed

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search