SDL Multiterm Template Connection Error
Thread poster: Karina Garcia Pedroche

Karina Garcia Pedroche  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:34
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 16, 2009

Hello! I added the Multiterm template to my Word 2007, and when I try to add a termbase form the Multiterm toolbar in Word, a "Connection error" with an number appears. It seems it cannot connect with Multiterm, isn't it? How can I solve this problem? Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:34
English to Swedish
+ ...
Delete session file Jan 17, 2009

From SDL Knowledge base:

The file saves the last settings that you made when working with termbases. In some situations, when trying to reload such settings, it searches for a session that does not exist anymore and the error "(-2147467261)(:null)" or "Connection error 2147467261" is displayed.

It should be sufficient for you to simply delete the MultiTerm7dot.xml from the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\Trados\MultiTerm (if using Windows XP)

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Trados\MultiTerm (if using Windows Vista)

Replace [UserName] with the name under which you are currently logged on to Microsoft Windows.

Andres Fekete  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:34
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
Thanks Feb 19, 2009

This was very helpful, you just saved me a lot of headaches!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Multiterm Template Connection Error

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search