SDL Multiterm Template Connection Error
Thread poster: Karina Garcia Pedroche

Karina Garcia Pedroche  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 01:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 16, 2009

Hello! I added the Multiterm template to my Word 2007, and when I try to add a termbase form the Multiterm toolbar in Word, a "Connection error" with an number appears. It seems it cannot connect with Multiterm, isn't it? How can I solve this problem? Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 05:01
English to Swedish
+ ...
Delete session file Jan 17, 2009

From SDL Knowledge base:

The MultiTerm7.dot.xml file saves the last settings that you made when working with termbases. In some situations, when trying to reload such settings, it searches for a session that does not exist anymore and the error "(-2147467261)(:null)" or "Connection error 2147467261" is displayed.

It should be sufficient for you to simply delete the MultiTerm7dot.xml from the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\Trados\MultiTerm (if using Windows XP)

or

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Trados\MultiTerm (if using Windows Vista)

Replace [UserName] with the name under which you are currently logged on to Microsoft Windows.

Andres Fekete  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 01:01
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
Thanks Feb 19, 2009

This was very helpful, you just saved me a lot of headaches!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Multiterm Template Connection Error

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search