Questionable invoicing practice?
Thread poster: Textklick

Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:25
German to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2009

On January 6, I received an E-mail from SDL stating:

"This email has been sent to inform you that your Premium Software Maintenance Agreement is due to expire on 05 Feb 2009 and is now due for renewal.

To renew your Premium Software Maintenance Agreement please email us at contractrenewals@sdl.com before 05 Feb 2009 and one of our team will contact you shortly."

I did not respond (yet).

Today, I received a further E-mail stating: "Please find attached your invoice as requested.... You are receiving this invoice because you have purchased one or more products and/or services from SDL"

So is the default practice to send an invoice anyway?

Come on, Mark, Keith and Co. I may well be an SDLX aficionado, but I don't really call that cricket...

Direct link Reply with quote

Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:25
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification Jan 19, 2009

I since received a phone call from a charming lady at SDL to remind me that I had earlier ticked a box to opt for my contract to 'roll over' as a so-called 'evergreen' contract.

She did, however, agree that the wording of reminders could be open to misunderstanding and that it was going to be changed.

The speed of her reaction to my post was surprising, and she kindly expressed her gratitude for my having made it, assuring me that SDL monitored posts so that they could sort out issues where required.

[Edited at 2009-01-19 13:34 GMT]

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:25
English to French
+ ...
This is an old issue Jan 19, 2009

This issue is old. I've seen posts in this forum about it at least a year ago. Still, the problem persists. If SDL is as fast as last time to correct this "wording" issue, then I guess we will have many more threads like this one...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questionable invoicing practice?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search