Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:45
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jan 23, 2009

I did a translation of an Excel-file, where the text was in three "books". I translated in TE and got down to the bottom of the file. I send the translation as bilingual ttx to the client, but they notice after cleanup that the third book was not translated at all.
I had to copy the third tab to an empty file and translate that and copy the translation back to the third tab in the original file. Then I still had to translate the tab-name manually.
Is that normal behaviour of TE (SDL Trados 2007 Freelance)?

Regards
Heinrich

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 17:45
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Erronous third tab Jan 24, 2009

I had the same experience when my PC had insufficient memories or trouble with MS Office settings. When I redo the TE file, every tab is OK.
For worksheet [book] name, I need to do manual translation without help of TE. Excel worksheet name is restricted to 28 [sic] characters and manual typing is required.

Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados does not see third tab in Excel-file

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search